R.I.P. Pi?

Soldato
Hi

I have been using my Pi 4b with octoprint to print on our two Artillery sidewinder x1 printers, all going brilliantly for months and then last night I turned them all on but the Pi was not responding, just one solid red light and no Activity lights or anything.

I have tried another Card with a fresh operating system on it, again just a solid red light and no green, I tried a card following the instructions from a website on how to fix the boot up, nothing is working.

Is my beloved Pi dead? I really cant think of anything I have done differently that would cause it to die.

Soldato
I remember seeing this issue with some users. Not clear if you have any display attached or if it's just headless, but I have seen users online switching between HDMI ports to help recover from this situation. Normally switching to the HDMI port nearest to the USB C power port.

Soldato
OP
Pretty sure it's dead, I don't know why it died but from a fair bit of reading today I cant find a way back, I'm returning it as it's only about 3 months old.

Ordered a new one last night and it came about an hour ago, slotted in the old card and away it went perfectly.

I couldn't try the SSD thing as I dont have a USB one and I am running headless (like in real life mostly lol).

Cheers for the suggestions folks, I tried and gave up.

Back
Top Bottom