• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

r9 390x heatsink removal

Associate
i was wondering dose anyone know if i replace the thermal paste on my 390x will it void its warranty or will it be ok to do as i can see it going high and i know msi had a thing of putting a large amount of paste on the gup

Soldato
Do you have any little stickers on the screws that you would need to remove to take the cooler off the board? Or anything else that would make it obvious that you have disassembled it?

Associate
OP
there is a sticker on there on a screw but i have been looking and people from the usa says as long as you dont damage the gpu it should be ok to do it ( msi rep said that ) they said but i dont no if the rules are the same for the uk as they change the rules from country

Associate
OP
it dosent matter not I have done it I only have like a little warranty now and it done a lot I went from 87-90 to now 70-80 most time sitting around 73 ish

Soldato
MSI are alright with cooler removal.

In future you can get around the warranty void stickers on screws by using a pair on pliers. I removed the cooler from an MSI 780 this way then later returned the card for a refund without issue.

Back
Top Bottom