Race driver GRID

Soldato
Well that was a waste of 24 quid today. :(

Extremely difficult to get it to work with any joypad other than an Xbox one..
Would help if I actually had an XBOX !!

One mate at work was raving about it, I shall have to have words because even on 1920x1200 and 4xAA it looked complete **** !

somethings up. The game looks awsome!

And as for pads, the wired 360 pad is by far the best for a PC, and a lot of new games come with presets for it.

I think it looks quite good on my X1950 pro at 1680x1050 (Level 1 AA, whatever that means) though I have noticed with certain cars that the wheels don't actually touch the ground. I love watching the replays with everything zooming by.

Am using a joystick here though so don't know anything about getting the joypad to work but certainly setting up the joystick wasn't a problem.

Are there any other known issues with this game? My machine bsod/reboots after a random amount of time when playing this game... sometimes after 5 mins, sometimes after 15mins. i dont have problems with any other game, just this one :-(

Bought the cross fire adapter last year for pc, just press sync buttons on wireless 360 pad + adapter and away I go! All buttons mapped for me.

Its one of the worst 'racing games' i played in a while, looked fantastic however its about as close to a driving experience as accordion playing is to whale fishing, infact i'll go as far to say as its one of the worst if not worse racing games i've ever played on the PC, doesn't even work very well on the 360!

Last edited:
Its one of the worst 'racing games' i played in a while, looked fantastic however its about as close to a driving experience as accordion playing is to whale fishing, infact i'll go as far to say as its one of the worst if not worse racing games i've ever played on the PC, doesn't even work very well on the 360!

Probably because it was never intended to be a sim? It's always been marketed as a fun game.

What were you expecting?

Mind you that Team Fortress 2 is a dire RTS.

Fair enough its not a sim, no issues with that i like an arcade game just as much the next man.

However even for an Arcade Racer the feel of the cars with a wheel (Logitech G25) really isn't right, you get no feedback about what the cars doing at all, even an arcade game should give you the sensation of driving otherwise the fact i'm watching myself pilot a car around the track is irrelevant, its the same as a bike game be it arcade or not giving you the feeling of driving a car its just wrong.

The NFS games had a better driving sensation than GRID does.

On the 360 with a PAD you can turn into corners at silly speed watch the the excess speed scrub off and be away like nothing happened.

Are there any other known issues with this game? My machine bsod/reboots after a random amount of time when playing this game... sometimes after 5 mins, sometimes after 15mins. i dont have problems with any other game, just this one :-(

The er, no-CD crack seems to do this but the original .exe doesn't. Not an accusation, merely an observation.:rolleyes:

The er, no-CD crack seems to do this but the original .exe doesn't. Not an accusation, merely an observation.:rolleyes:
Maybe it is just the stress on the system, I can notice the fan on my 8800GTS start to ramp up to a much higher speed after a few minutes and the wattage meter is at 340W for my system which is pretty much the most I have seen, it is about as high as 3DMark'06

(and I don't have issues with a patched exe at all)

Back
Top Bottom