Race driver GRID

Are there any other known issues with this game? My machine bsod/reboots after a random amount of time when playing this game... sometimes after 5 mins, sometimes after 15mins. i dont have problems with any other game, just this one :-(

Try bumping the voltage to the CPU and Northbridge, etc on the mobo. I noticed your rig is overclocked. I thought mine was stable and I was getting loads of problems with GRID randomly crashing to the desktop. No other games. Upped the voltage slightly on the CPU and had no joy, but I went back and did the chipset, etc and I can play 24/7 now with no problems!

Must just be GRID adding more strain to the system. But like I say, at first I wouldn't accept it was the overclock as it has been running fine for months. But clearly not. ;)

Has anyone set the AA to 8x in GRID?

Mine runs fine with all the graphic settings on max and AA on 4x but if I set the AA to 8x then it stutters even while loading the game.:confused:

I play at 1920x1200 with my 4870.

Any advice on how to get it working with a gamepad? Just doesn't seem to detect it when I try to redefine controls (this is with a generic ps2 style controller). Might try my oldschool Sidewinder Pro later as well.

Any advice on how to get it working with a gamepad? Just doesn't seem to detect it when I try to redefine controls (this is with a generic ps2 style controller). Might try my oldschool Sidewinder Pro later as well.

Works fine with my PS2 pad - through an adapter, Once config in Windows go into the game go into controllers, you should see two tabs down the bottom, you need to select custom controls.

Yep I selected custom controls, but it doesn't pick up any inputs from the pad.
I've checked in control panel and Windows is picking it up fine.

Oh well, middle finger RSI from holding down up-arrow it is then! :)

Works fine with my PS2 pad - through an adapter, Once config in Windows go into the game go into controllers, you should see two tabs down the bottom, you need to select custom controls.

What settings do you use for the ps2 pad ?

I've tried numerous settings, but the steering is still hopeless.:mad:

What settings do you use for the ps2 pad ?

I've tried numerous settings, but the steering is still hopeless.:mad:

erm, default really. it comes up as a 4 axis 16 button in game controllers, I calabrated it, went into the game found the custom control area. I have the left analog stick as left and right and button X as throttle and circle as brake.

erm, default really. it comes up as a 4 axis 16 button in game controllers, I calabrated it, went into the game found the custom control area. I have the left analog stick as left and right and button X as throttle and circle as brake.

You haven't altered any of the sensitivity settings in the advance option ?

Use the right analogue for accelaration and breaking as it's touch sensitive.

I find the default settings horrific.

Has anyone set the AA to 8x in GRID?

Mine runs fine with all the graphic settings on max and AA on 4x but if I set the AA to 8x then it stutters even while loading the game.:confused:

I play at 1920x1200 with my 4870.
I use 1280*1024 16xCSAA and it runs ~60fps silky smooth.

Maybe the 8xAA you use is Multisampling AA and therefore much harder on the GPU than CSAA???

I got it to work with a PS3 controller, it looks the muts nuts and if you like an arcade racer it's great.

How did you manage that, I tried my PS3 controller but coulkdn't get anywhere with it.
If I have to spend more money on another pad (360) I shall scream.
Mapping the buttons on the one I have is simple enough it's getting the left stick to work as an analogue steering that I cannot get working at all.

Full lock or straight ahead is NOT any freakin good for a game like this!

tbh, i bought this game as was very dissapointed, it only works well with the 360 pad and it is so buggy that it crashes every so often, if u alt tab u might as well give up as it wont respond. I agree with the first post

Are you pressing ctrl before assinging?

Aha, that's done the trick cheers.
I just assumed that you'd press enter to change controls, as in 99% of other games. Very convoluted system to redefine controls!

I also discovered there's a "speed boost" key which I wasn't aware of, maybe that explains why I struggle so much at Le Mans, probably comes in handy on the long straights!

One mate at work was raving about it, I shall have to have words because even on 1920x1200 and 4xAA it looked complete **** !

Erm this is ugly? Name a nicer looking racing game :

2hi32q0.jpg

grid-20080608-233203.png

72a4f8cb8400bcfbf4c7b503848aaca6bf42df93.png

My generic imitation ps2 controller seems to work fine on it, I prefer the keyboard though.

Last edited:
Getting G25 replaced, faulty so gonna try this out. Is Vista 64 ok for games now or will it be a slideshow?

Running it fine (40-70 fps) maxed @ 1280x1024, 4x aa with specs in sig ( except cpu, which runs @ 2.13 ghz ( stock) and it's bottleneckign my gfx card, with a 3ghz c2d expect 20% more fps) on vista X64

Back
Top Bottom