Race report: 'UK not deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities'

Man of Honour
But they did reject it as soon as it came out. The weird thing is even Boris sort of tried to distance himself from it.

Link to any of commissioners rejecting it immediately?

There was a lot of noise from charities, organisations and individuals, including some who were consulted or cited, but that's not members of the commission

They certainly didn't do so here, for example.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-commission-on-race-and-ethnic-disparities-statement

Soldato
At what point can we start stating that Guardian opinion articles are as bad as DM opinion articles.

Samuel Kasumu, No 10’s most senior black special adviser, who resigned from his post on the day the report was published, aghast at its final findings.

Nosheen Iqbal writing for the Observer, for the Guardian, circle jerks Guardian articles as a source then instead of the safety of implications went for fiction to fit the agenda.

Soldato
Link to any of commissioners rejecting it immediately?

There was a lot of noise from charities, organisations and individuals, including some who were consulted or cited, but that's not members of the commission

They certainly didn't do so here, for example.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-commission-on-race-and-ethnic-disparities-statement
To be fair you said
I'd have expected the experts to whistleblow on this immediately if they genuinely thought this, not nearly a month later.
And there are many that did. Some even said despite being named they hadnt even contributed.

Man of Honour
To be fair you said And there are many that did. Some even said despite being named they hadnt even contributed.

I'd hoped you'd actually read the link, but to be fair I probably should have been more specific.

The link is explicitly about people on the commission (some anonymously)now rejecting it, several weeks after publication.

Soldato
Exactly, that's the reason why I have doubts about the motivations and credibility of doing it now.
Maybe thats the reason they felt they couldnt come out earlier?

Every single person or organisation that has spoken against it has been vilified. Anyway lets wait and see how this developes before we really get to make any real conclusions.

Soldato
Well I watched the last 1h interview posted in this thread, lets give this one a go also.

After all, aren't you a massive douchebag if you argue about a report you don't read and ignore a massive interview with a report commissioner involved in writing it.

Soldato
At what point can we start stating that Guardian opinion articles are as bad as DM opinion articles.
The Guardian is run through a trust specifically designed and established to ensure integrity and independence.

The Daily Mail is owned by the same aristocratic family of fascists who founded it with the stated intention of feeding its readers their "daily hate".

So the answer to your question depends on whether you're capable of any sort of vaguely honest assessment.

Soldato
Well I watched the last 1h interview posted in this thread, lets give this one a go also.

After all, aren't you a massive douchebag if you argue about a report you don't read and ignore a massive interview with a report commissioner involved in writing it.
LOL

Arent you a massive douchebag if you ignore what other experts in these fields have to say?

Caporegime
The Guardian is run through a trust specifically designed and established to ensure integrity and independence.

The Daily Mail is owned by the same aristocratic family of fascists who founded it with the stated intention of feeding its readers their "daily hate".

So the answer to your question depends on whether you're capable of any sort of vaguely honest assessment.
The Guardian has a very clear agenda. Anyone capable of making a vaguely honest assessment can see what that agenda (and bias) is.

I'm not saying the DM is better, btw.

They are both publications with an agenda and a clearly defined target audience. I wouldn't expect either to report on anything without injecting their particular bias.

Soldato
That doesn't exclude slanting its opinion stories to an angle, as the DM does in its opinion pieces and as I picked up, that writer was being economical with the facts despite linking the source being used.
The problem suffered by many on here is an hilarious inability to recognise they're so far right, everything looks leftwing to them.

Back
Top Bottom