Racechips?

Caporegime
OP
The Mountune kits have a much better power curve and they are actually quicker than most other (comparable) tunes, even though it might not seem so on paper. Also they make their advertised power and proven to be safe.

Your not going to safely get 50hp from just a plugin device and no physical upgrades lol. If you dyno it, it will probably fall way short and have an awful curve. While possibly being harmful to the engine. If they were any good serious tuners wouldn't spend so much money on doing things properly.
No one said anything about 50HP though? They advertise 36 but I doubt I'd get more than 20-25 in all honesty. It would be good to see what the figures are like before and after. Not sure if there's a rolling road locally that would be willing to do it though.

Associate
Your not going to safely get 50hp from just a plugin device and no physical upgrades lol. If you dyno it, it will probably fall way short and have an awful curve. While possibly being harmful to the engine. If they were any good serious tuners wouldn't spend so much money on doing things properly.

I'm guessing that was aimed at me?

The reason why no serious tuners would use this, is because this is designed for stock cars, not cars that are already heavily modified. A serious tuner would use a remap over this as it gives them complete control over their engine parameters, which will change depending on how many mods they have/add. These chips on the other come pre-configured for an exact setup. Ideal for stock cars, not for modded cars.

Anyway, I will create a thread once I have the Dyno results.

Sorry for going a bit off topic and hijacking your thread a little MissChief.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom