Rack mount tv amplifiers .... Do they exist ?

Associate
Not really sure where to ask this, so general hardware will do.

I have a TV amp in the house . It's fine. But I'm installing a data cabinet for an upgrade to the network in the house and if like to incorporate the TV signal into the cabinet too.

Whilst I can stick the existing unit on a shelf, does anyone know if there is a 19" rack mount version ?

I.e. one of these that is a 1U device ?

LDA2081LR.jpg

I plan on making a coax patch panel so a rack thing would
be nice.

Not something you'd typically see. This sort of gear is usually wall mounted. You could use a 1U patch panel and hide passive splitters behind it.

What you've shown is called a distribution, which might help you search. But a quick Google suggests there's nothing like that off the shelf.

How many outputs does it need? A small amplifier and passive distribution may be lower profile, or just one of the picture above. Then you could put it on a tray - I have about 3 inputs, 3 outputs and a few patch points in a rack at work. I've placed it all cabled together on a 1U shelf with a 16x BNC patch panel at the front.

Thought I would.follow this up with my solution.

I ended up using a patch panel fitted with f-type connectors ( far cheaper to buy blank panel and connectors and make yourself ) and then connected the distribution unit outputs to that. So now I have a patch panel of 8 outputs which works a treat. The input to the unit I did direct as it just didn't want to work via the patch panel.

63ZTsE1.jpg

Then a shelf back on top and it looks very neat ....

FBF8XAA.jpg

That's the way to do it... Nice linear signal path. Should you ever introduce a second RF signal, you can patch it all as you see fit. Should be more than enough for household.

You can get modulators to play out home TV signals for £100-150... ;)

Back
Top Bottom