• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon 4800 HD overheating (pictures)

Associate
mine keeps overheating when playing games (Crysis, Bad Company 2).
it take a while before it resets the computer.
I get a black screen and the monitor detects No Signal.

i was wondering if other people have been having problems with this card and how they handled it.

As you can see in the pictures i've added a fan near the graphics card to blow air away from the fan. (which as extended

the pictures don't have the door on but obviously i have the door on usually :D

any experience or ideas on what i could do.

ive turned on "ATI Overdrive" in the ATI Catalyst Control Center and put the fans up to 100%.

Computer Spec:

1. Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66Ghz (Nehalem) (Socket LGA1366)
  2. Asus P6T Deluxe v2 Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
  3. Asus ATI Radeon HD 4870 Glaciator+ 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
  4. Corsair Dominator XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600C9D Twin3X
  5. OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Modular Power Supply

S2020165.JPG

S2020167.JPG

S2020168.JPG

Associate
I don't know how to log temperatures when the computer crashes, but I do think that airflow in your case must be quite poor. Your cables are very messy which can have adverse affects on temps. Do you have any intake fans?

Caporegime
I don't know how to log temperatures when the computer crashes, but I do think that airflow in your case must be quite poor. Your cables are very messy which can have adverse affects on temps. Do you have any intake fans?

This tbh. And your case is very dusty as well. Have you taken your card out and checked that it's heatsink is not clogged up with dust?

gpu-z and afterburner and rivatuner etc can all be set to record the results to a log file and then after your reboot you can check the temp just before it crashed.

Associate
OP
ive installed GPU-Z and i will post the log on the next crash.

This tbh. And your case is very dusty as well. Have you taken your card out and checked that it's heatsink is not clogged up with dust?

i didnt think there was much dirt in the computer but i gave it another once other. and cleared the GPU heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom