• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon 57xx (Vapor-X?)

Associate
Hey guys! I've a question for you knowledgeable lot.

For my new build (to be started [1] in a few weeks' time, once my house move is complete), I want a graphics card that is, most importantly, quiet. For this reason, I've had my eye on the Vapor-X 48xx cards. (Specifically, the 4890 Vapor-X, as I'd like a DisplayPort output.)

However, I'm also interested in the low power consumption (particularly at idle) of the new 5xxx cards.

Now, the thing is, I don't need a great deal of 3-D processing power. I don't do any gaming, for example. (My PC will be used mainly for Photoshop and Office apps on Windows 7.) Which is why I was intrigued when I read about the yet-to-be-released 57xx series of cards.

Money isn't that much of a problem, but I'd rather not spend money on performance I don't need. :)

So, my questions. Based on historical precedent (or solid facts, if known!):

- Are the x7xx cards quiet(er than the x8xx cards)?
- Will there be Vapor-X versions of the 57xx cards? (I don't think there are Vapor-X 47xx cards?)
- Will the 57xx cards have a DisplayPort output? (I think yes.)
- What do you think would suit me best? I'm open to suggestions at the moment. :)

Thanks!

[1] When I say "started", I really mean "finished": I already have the P55-GD65 mobo and 4 GiB of GeIL RAM. :)

Back
Top Bottom