• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato
The 2080ti is to expensive to care about and we don't really know whats going to happen on the ray-tracing front yet. So far it's not been very impressive, but Nvidia's way isn't the only way of doing it. Rendering rays the normal way, Vega with it's compute power is already very quick.

Competing with the 2080 but with double (and faster) memory for the same price is a good spot tbh. Though 650 is still to expensive for a GPU, any GPU.

Last edited:
Associate
The 2080ti is to expensive to care about and we don't really know whats going to happen on the ray-tracing front yet. So far it's not been very impressive, but RTX isn't the only thing that can do it.

But at least there is future potential. Here there is none and it performs the same as 2080.

Associate
Did I miss the side by side comparison ? Where can I see VEGA Vii vs RTX 2080 ?

benchm.jpg

Associate
IMO real world performance of this in some titles will match or exceed the 2080Ti / Titan. Namely ones which either do or can lean very heavily on compute based rendering.

Vega 64 is pretty much neck and neck with a 2080 in PubG & Blackout once you fix the voltages, which both do the above. Also doubt it'll be behind in iDTech.

Also, remember that is the tangent NVIDIA sponsored games are taking now, since the 20xx series cards finally caught up with AMD on compute based rendering, and left their own old cards in the dust.

If some samples can really OC from stock 1.8Ghz to 2.4Ghz, there's going to be a huge secondary market for high clocking samples. Performance ought to be higher than anything else out there.

Let's hope they have serious volume ... though I fear, again, HBM2 / interposers will limit supply. If they do, then NVIDIA have no choice but to make large price cuts.

Associate
It seems identical in performance and price to the RTX 2080 (but without the possible future benefits of RTX). And the 2080ti still rules the gaming performance roost. This is the situation that was predicted several months ago by some outlets.

It will be interesting how things will pan out.

Certainly, I’d still imagine more people will jump for the equivalent Nvidia due to RTX capabilities. I wonder if AMD have anything similar up their sleeves?

Associate
As soon as I saw the 16GB HBM I knew it was going to be expensive. I was kind of expecting it to be more power efficient given the node shrink as well.
I won't be upgrading from my Vega 64 to this at that price point. I get the feeling more content creators are going to buy this than gamers.

Caporegime
60CUs. It is a salvage part of the Vega20 Instinct. 300w with performance between 1080 and 1080ti.

Expect limited supply. Likely street price higher than 2080.

There won't be a 8GB model since it would have half the bandwidth.

The fact that Navi wasn't mentioned is a bad sign IMO. I expect the 7nm process is not mature enough yet. Would explain a salvage part from AMD and Nvidia going with 12nm

Soldato
I get the feeling that all the cards we're seeing now were developed during the mining craze and aimed more at coin mining than gaming. I'll be sitting this generation out completely.

Back
Top Bottom