Radiator Fans 2024

Associate
Been looking to upgrade my setup, and wondered whats the current go-to radiator fans both ARGB and non RGB 140mm variants?

Seems like Lian Li Uni fans but having used/use them in my current build, i feel they are not as reliable, with a couple blowing out within a years worth of use.

Can't seem to find any reviews for the Phantecs D30, though i see some people on here love them, and the Artic P14 ARGB seems like a budget option.

Not fussed about the cost, given watercooling in general is an expensive endevour, may as well not cheap out on fans.

I'm testing both EK QS P420 44mm and HWLabs GTX420 radiators, and am eyeing for low speed fans. I've not used an EK rad since the XT/XTX days, so i'm unsure on performance between the 2 i initially chose.. only by the 360mm variants on TPU. From aethetics over performance standpoint, EK looks nicer but perform better at high speeds. HWLabs perform well at low speeds.

Last edited:

pre

pre

Associate
The Lian-Li fans with LCDs were highly praised for their static pressure on the review I saw - one review being the key factor though. Hard to get a decent consensus on that alone though - annoying the non-LCD ones were not so good which is what I was looking for reviews on.

Associate
OP
Yeah. LL seems to be dominating the market with the Uni fans.. Nothing wrong with it, but feel like something different. Wish there was a 140mm version of the Phantecs T30

Soldato
Yeah. LL seems to be dominating the market with the Uni fans.. Nothing wrong with it, but feel like something different. Wish there was a 140mm version of the Phantecs T30
They were shown at Computex, no official release date as yet.

For none RGB, bequiet! Silent wings 4 or the new Corsair RX140 seem to be some of the better offerings.

Soldato
I have D30's and they are very good. Not silent at full bore but few fans are. Makes no difference to me since I have a huge desk fan running all the time :cry:

I kinda wish I'd got T30's as they are a far better fan if you can do without RGB.

Soldato
I have D30's and they are very good. Not silent at full bore but few fans are. Makes no difference to me since I have a huge desk fan running all the time :cry:

I kinda wish I'd got T30's as they are a far better fan if you can do without RGB.

Yeah not surprised with your weather, it's like 40c and humid lol! :cry:

Associate
I'm using 140mm D30s, and they're great. Playing starfield recently on max settings @ 1440p, with a watercooled 7800x3d & 7900xtx with 2x 420mm rads & 6 fans. The loudest bit is the pump running @ 20%.

The fans make a decent noise at 100%, but I only ever get that on first PC boot (as the controller starts everything at 100% for a few seconds before backing down to my normal profile & becoming silent)

Associate
What pump because so mighty slow for a 2 block 2 rad loop
It's a D5. It's dynamically controlled, based off the delta temperature in the loop. Essentially the larger the temperature difference between the res & the output from the gpu is the faster the pump will run, but the pump gets noiser again below 20%, so that's the minimum and I don't find it actually changes much under load, but my temps are always pretty decent.

Associate
This is not a straightforward answer question. All depends on your rads, how loud you want to keep your system going and what level of performance you need.

Back
Top Bottom