RAF Low Fly....

Associate
Back from another trip to photograph the RAF doing what they are good at...

IMG_5043_Crop.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

Associate
Were these shots taken on Tuesday by any chance? Might be able to see me in the cockpit if they were...

Of the Hercules,.. not the Hawks,... I wish,...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
King_Boru said:
Were these shots taken on Tuesday by any chance? Might be able to see me in the cockpit if they were...

Of the Hercules,.. not the Hawks,... I wish,...

Yes, they were. Tuesday morning. Tell me more!

I've got a couple shots were you can see someone in the cockpit but the light wasn't great so they aren't that sharp at 100%.

Associate
I'm a Pilot Officer in the RAF Reserves. It was training day and they decided to take me up. I did try to talk them into a Hawk flight but I got one in a Herc instead. It is something else, it really is. Quite funny that, wasnt expecting to see pictures,...

Associate
OP
Nice! Might not be as fun as a Hawk but I bet it's still a good ride through the valleys.

Want me to e-mail you some of the shots? If so let me know the number of the Herc or if it was the first or second Herc through.

There were also a bunch of photographers on Corris Corner (by the lake after the Cad pass) who got some nice ones over the lake.

Associate
I was initially planning on taking my own camera up. Unfortunately The FOD (Foreign Object Damage) 'rule' has been enforced. Going up in an RAF Grob Tutor on the 8th for a lesson so hopefull get a clamp for the camera and get some self portraits! Will post them if I do.

King.

Mind you, I am going to need some advice on this.... will create a new post....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom