Rage 2 - Announce trailer

Soldato
Given the last rage was the first iteration of mega-textures used by a major developer and the implementation of the ID engine created by john carmack.. I am REALLY looking forward to this one.

Could genuinley be a fantastic game.

Gameplay trailer tomorrow.

*EDIT*
Gameplay:

*EDIT* 08/12/2018
New game awards 2018 trailer:

Last edited:
Associate
Given the last rage was the first iteration of mega-textures used by a major developer and the implementation of the ID engine created by john carmack.. I am REALLY looking forward to this one.

Could genuinley be a fantastic game.

Gameplay trailer tomorrow.

QFT - I'm sure it'll be a great game just like RAGE was, hopefully they've learnt from the first version of it!

Caporegime
i wasnt that bothered about it after the first game but i see avalanche are working with id on this one.so expecting it to be decent.

Caporegime
I was excited for the first game, even had the "official" thread for it, ended up kinda disappointed, never got around to finishing it. :(

For all the hype about megatexture it was very buggy with pop in, and a lot of objects had hilariously low res textures on them (for all the talk about megatexture streaming gigabytes of texture data you would think this could have been avoided??). My other main issue was the world was totally static, it felt like a game from 2001, just everything was solid and nothing destructible, it took a step forward on the streaming textures and a lot of steps back in terms of interaction.

Soldato
Hmm first game .. 27 or somesuch GB of download (mental for that time). Immovable objects, invisible barriers, no cover/lean mechanic and missions where the same map was used but using a reverse pathway. Great shotgun mechanic though .....

Soldato
i am in, i loved the first one,

not everyones cup of tea but i really enjoyed playing it.

Me too!
In fact, I've just started it again, never quite finished it the first time (got close though).

I'm very much in favour of a sequel, but very much against that terrible ******* trailer.

Real life trailers for games are smegging awful at the best of times, but this one takes the biscuit.

Soldato
Ooo it appears Bethesda have farmed out development to Avalanche (aka Just Cause and Mad Max developers)...that has piqued my interest

Soldato
I found the original to be utterly devoid of personality. However, I really enjoyed the gunplay, so might give this a go.

Soldato
Loved the first one and couldn't understand why it wasn't more highly thought of. Yes, it ended quite abruptly but I think I would have been disappointed the game was over anyway as I enjoyed it that much. I'll be watching out for a decent pre-order price on CDKeys for this one.

Back
Top Bottom