Rage 2 Free This Week !!

Permabanned
Yea seen that but not the higher version just standard as I never managed to get the 2nd DLC to trigger in game (Steam), had to use someone save game to get 1st DLC to work, seem common issue.

Man of Honour
I've been playing this via game pass a bit, one of the issues I have is remembering [how] to use the special powers etc. I often find myself playing it like a standard shooter, which it doesn't really offer anything new, it's worse than Doom for example when played that way.

Man of Honour
Yeah, it was a long time ago but I remember having a Eureka moment in Bioshock when trying certain plasmids, although reading back my review from the time I think it also suffered from just not having the resources (plasmids/weapons/cash/ammo) available in the early part of the game.

Soldato
Loved this game for the first 30 hours or so but then, similar to Mad Max, I got bored as it was just the same stuff over and over again with no story or cutscenes to break it up or give an incentive to keep playing. Shame really.

Man of Honour
Loved this game for the first 30 hours or so but then, similar to Mad Max, I got bored as it was just the same stuff over and over again with no story or cutscenes to break it up or give an incentive to keep playing. Shame really.
Common issue I'm finding with the pseudo open world style that has crept in a bit to FPS in recent years. A good example is the Homefront series, I'm one of the few who actually really liked Homefront, some nice squad based combat with a decent storyline ticking over and some excellent cinematography / set pieces. Then Homefront: The Revolution came out and I had to give up on it after a couple of hours, it was just so unfocused and felt like you were playing a glorified bot match with generic quests rather than a story-driven game featuring carefully curated sections.

Man of Honour
Yoinked a copy.

The vehicle handling :eek:

AND the vehicle camera even with the thingy turned off :eek:
It's terrible but then a lot of FPS games are like this, the vehicles as I see it are really just a way of speeding up travel rather than something you are supposed to enjoy. Occasionally I've found myself having to sprint across the outback to a new location, which is pretty dull.

Man of Honour
One thing I've noticed is this game is mega GPU limited, especially resolution. Massive gains to be had dropping below 1080p, although obviously I haven't done that. I guess that's maybe due to Vulkan being good at reducing cpu bottlenecks and sharing over multiple cores.

Back
Top Bottom