RAGE on console, 360 it is then..

Soldato
LOL, not sure I CBA to do that. PS3 version on 1 Blu-ray methinks.

You'll have a much better experience if you can install it to a hard drive.

Listen to some of the things John Carmack has been saying about the way the engine is designed, bluray read speed sounds like a pretty big issue!

Can you install games to the PS3 HDD yet?

Caporegime
Where does it say in the linked article that this comes on 3 discs? :confused:

Carmack mentions in his Quakecon talk -

Blu-ray has worse latency than DVD: "It'll be nice when we don't have that physical element we don't have to be working around or scheduling around."
and
Installing Rage on Xbox 360's hard drive will take 21-22GB of disc space.

So the 360 version with 8.5GB discs needs at least three for 21GB of data.

Soldato
I'm not interested in the game (don't really do shooters) but I'm sure i saw something the other day that said this will have an 8gb install on the PS3.

fake edit: found it

The Xbox 360 version will need three DVDs in order to house all the pretty images of hideous mutants, while the PS3 version carries an 8GB installation. Ouch!

"Sony was great. Kudos to Sony for letting us do that. They don't allow every game to do that. So definitely, hats off," said creative director Tim Willits. He also recommended that 360 users still install the game, and that they can "Install the first disc, the first chapter, the first half of the game, then when you're done, uninstall and install disc two. You don't really need to install the multiplayer disc if you're really tight on hard disk space."

http://www.destructoid.com/rage-three-xbox-360-discs-8gb-ps3-install-212262.phtml

Caporegime
Dunno why but I'm expecting it to be like Borderlands. Is there some kind of upgradeable skill tree in this game or is it pure FPS with a bit of vehicular activity thrown in to break up the shooting?

Back
Top Bottom