Rain repellent spray

Soldato
Hey chaps, I'm actually looking for a water repellent like RainX, but not for my car. For my shower screen! :p I just spent some time removing hard water stains on my shower screen using lemon juice, then vinegar/bicarbonate of soda mixture, then vinegar/water mixture and finally rinsed off with clean water. It worked. It's a bit laborious though so I'd like to keep it that way for longer between major cleans other than my usual daily wipe down.

A youtube video shows someone spraying RainX onto his shower screen after he'd cleaned his to prevent or at least slow down the build up of soap scum and hard water stains. Seems like a good idea. It would make water bead off it like on windscreens. I found RainX at Halfords,

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...01&langId=-1&productId=274597&catalogId=10151

Is there any other car water repellent product you'd recommend, maybe as good or better, perhaps cheaper or bigger bottle, or is RainX it?

Viakal is great for removing limescale, make sure you ventilate well when using it though.

I had never considering using RainX on showers, can you use it on SS sinks too?

To be honest is there much point in this seeing as even really badly clouded showers clean very easily with a limescale remover? I live in a hard water area and get a completely clouded shower screen once a week, it takes around 2 minutes to just spray it with limescale remover, give it a quick wipe over, and then hose it off?

Glad im not the only one to have done this.

Limescale cleaner to make it clear

Any car wax you can get your hands on to keep the water off

If youre really anal about keeping stuff looking good in doors, I have a sponge thing in the shower that i wipe the glass down with when i get out to make sure no water is left on and you dont get water marks.

Mine has been uber clear for well over a year now

Yeah, I do wipe it down after every use but limescale eventually forms a light haze.I must admit, I thought hard water stains was just calcium deposit in water but it turns out that's what limescale is. I've got a little bit of Lime Lite limescale remover left but will buy some Viakal. I'm still going to buy some RainX, it's nice seeing water beading off glass.

All set. Actually, asda website said £4 for RainX, shop label said £3 and self service machine said £4. They'd forgotten to change the label and let me have it for £3. Last bottle on the shelf too. Profit! :) Right, enough of this, after all, it's a car forum.

xzl3Jf9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom