RAM doesn't fit???

Associate
So according to my internet searches in my Panasonic CF-18 it clearly says on many sites that the CF-18 takes DDR2 200 PIN RAM. I've just tried my new DDR2 RAM but it doesn't fit... the notch doesn't not match up to the RAM slot how can this be? :confused:

Soldato
Are you sure it's the right way round? It's not dead center to make sure it only fits one way.

If the dimm is bigger than the slot then it's definitely not the right one.

Soldato
So according to my internet searches in my Panasonic CF-18 it clearly says on many sites that the CF-18 takes DDR2 200 PIN RAM. I've just tried my new DDR2 RAM but it doesn't fit... the notch doesn't not match up to the RAM slot how can this be? :confused:

Internet said there was also a CF-18 with DDR1 RAM and the Pentium M CPU

Associate
OP
Internet said there was also a CF-18 with DDR1 RAM and the Pentium M CPU
I noticed that as well. Its got to be DDR1 because DDR2 does not fit. Unfortunately I have no DDR1 laptop RAM to test the fit. I don't think CEX sells DDR1 RAM anymore neither and ebay charge a lot for used DDR1 RAM so I'll probably wont bother with upgrading the RAM until I find some cheap one day.

My CF-18 is the MK3 model so I would have assumed it used the DDR2 RAM but it would make sense it taking DDR1 RAM as it would have been the right time period of this laptop.

Last edited:
Soldato
I noticed that as well. Its got to be DDR1 because DDR2 does not fit. Unfortunately I have no DDR1 laptop RAM to test the fit. I don't think CEX sells DDR1 RAM anymore neither and ebay charge a lot for used DDR1 RAM so I'll probably wont bother with upgrading the RAM until I find some cheap one day.

My CF-18 is the MK3 model so I would have assumed it used the DDR2 RAM but it would make sense it taking DDR1 RAM as it would have been the right time period of this laptop.

This seems to confirm the MK3 is DDR, the MK4 is DDR2.

Linky

A well known seller of everything has a few version in stock around £20 per gig, not like the super cheap used prices on the high street

Back
Top Bottom