RAM frustrations

Associate
Hello all I was hoping for some help.

Im using:

Corsair Vengence LPX 3200Mhz (Ssmsung)
ASrock Taichi X570
AMD 3700x (latest bios)

The issue im having is I can't seem to get the RAM to 3200, the closest ive managed to achieve is 3134. XMP is enabled and I've tried upping the SOC in the bios to 1.1v to no avail. Does anyone else have any ideas what else to try? Fiddling with RAM is not something I have ever done in the past so its all very new to me.

Is this just crappy RAM?

Cheers

Associate
OP
have you installed the ram in the correct slots?
consult the manual for the correct slots to use

Yes, I have them in A2 and B2

Have you tried manually setting the DRAM voltage to 1.35v?

I have tried this to no avail.

If leave everything to default with just XMP on the computer boots but then just BSOD (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area). If I set the ram speed to 3200 it just restarts 3 times and reverts back to 2133.

Associate
OP
set the dram voltage to 1.4v (it's safe) and then the VTT to 0.7v
is ram training enabled?

no luck, although I couldn’t set the VVT as it won’t come off auto. I assume it’s VTT_DDR offset voltage ? I have to say I find the bios infuriating, seems to have the same settings in multiple places, things are greyed out but you can input values.

edit: can’t see a setting for ram training

Last edited:
Associate

Im using:

ASrock Taichi X570
AMD 3700x (latest bios)

The issue im having is I can't seem to get the RAM to 3200, the closest ive managed to achieve is 3134. XMP is enabled and I've tried upping the SOC in the bios to 1.1v to no avail. Does anyone else have any ideas what else to try? Fiddling with RAM is not something I have ever done in the past so its all very new to me.

Is this just crappy RAM?

Cheers

Some posts stating 18-19-19-39 timings for 3600, don't state the voltage. Toms hardware states, "Limited overclockability at 1.35V." "Corsair's DDR4-3200 was stable at an actual 1.35V, there was no room left for overclocking (without further voltage increases)." https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/corsair-vengeance-lpx-16gb-ddr4-3200,4354-2.html

Had an single 16Gb stick of Corsair Vengence LPX 3200 fail on me last night. :mad:

Knew something wasn't right an month or so ago when I started to get the odd system freeze here and there during gaming.
Anyway it totally crapped out on me last night when the PC lock up while I was playing The Witcher 3, but this time it refused to POST and just kept powering on and off repeatedly.
No CMOS clear was fixing this one lol.

Operating on an single UDIMM for now, but needless to say this is my second failure in the last 5yrs using Corsair RAM (plus I've had a Corsair AIO pump fail as well).

So I think I'm done with Corsair (cheap rubbish).

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Im using:

ASrock Taichi X570
AMD 3700x (latest bios)

Is this just crappy RAM?

Cheers
Did you ever fix this?

Soldato
Nope. Ended up sending it back and getting Crucial Ballistix Sport LT. Had no problems and was even able to tweak timings with no fuss.
That's Micron E-die.
While most 3200MHz CL16 DIMMs are likely some Hynixes/what ever slower chips. Possibly even already "factory overclocked"/binned near limit.
At 3200MHz only CL14 can be expected to be good old B-die.

Thanks. I got replacements sent, they did not work either. Now going for a second replacement.
Guess that can't be then anymore called as Vengeance, but revengeance...

Back
Top Bottom