Ram question (trouble with triple channel)

Associate
Hi all, wondering if anyone is able to help me diagnose a problem with getting all my ram to work. Using Corsair 6gb 1600mhz ddr3 with an EVGA x58 and Vista 64 bit home premium.

Recently got my ram replaced by OcUK as comp would only post with 1 stick installed, now works fine with all 3x2gb sticks in. Windows recognises 6gb of ram being used in control panel --> system, however in EVGA E-LEET software, and task manager, only 4gb is recognised. It occasionally boots and recognises 6gb in E-LEET but swiftly freezes and returns to 4gb on restart. Also occasionally freezes when 4gb are used as well. No idea why it won't accept 6gb. It seems to know that 6gb are in the system, but it is only making use of 4gb.

Bios settings for RAM:

9-9-9-24 (tRFC 74)
Ratio 2:10 (1333mhz)
Voltage 1.65V
Command rate 1T
Without VDroop

In E-LEET this gives a DRAM frequency of 800mhz (equivalent to 1600mhz total??), Triple channel is recognised, NB frequency is 3200mhz, yet memory size is only 4088mb.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It doesn't POST at all with the ram in the other 3 slots. It still states 6gb in windows, but only 4gb being used in E-LEET and task manager. Also it now sometimes states the ram is triple channel and sometimes dual channel. When it posts in bios it only says memory is 4gb, yet in control panel --> system, 6gb is being recognised. It used to find 6gb occassionally, but now it only ever finds 4gb.

Edit: Bios just recognised 6gb memory on boot, but reset before reaching windows. I hope it is therefore a problem with my bios settings (or windows) and not a hardware fault, as the ram has recently been replaced by OcUK.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Is anyone able to post their own bios settings for memory, including voltages, for a stable system with 6gb DDR3 1600mhz?

Mine is not yet stable, but does POST with these settings (EVGA x58):
This is with all 6gb in the system, but with only 4gb being utilised.

XMP Profile: Off (set to standard)
Channel Interleave: 6 way
Rank Interleave: 4way
Memory Low Gap: Auto
Memory Frequency: 2:10
Memory Timings: 8-8-8-24 (just changed them)
tRFC: 74
Command Rate: 1T
(all other timings auto)

Dummy OC: Disabled
Extreme Cooling: Disabled
CPU Clock Ratio: 20x
CPU Host Frequency: 160
MCH Strap: 1333mhz
CPU Uncore Freq: 20x (3206mhz)
CPU Clock Skew: 0ps
Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCI Freq: 100mhz

Intel Speedstep: Disabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CxE Function: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Enabled
Virtualisation Technology: Disbaled
Intel HT Technology: Enabled
Active CPU Cores: All Cores

QPI Link Fast Mode: Enabled
QPI Frequency Selection: 4.8 GT/s

VDroop: Disabled
CPU Vcore: 1.3V
CPU VTT: +125
QPI Vcore: 1.15V
IOH Vcore: 1.225V
IOH/ICH/I/O: 1.6V
ICH Vcore: 1.15V
(all other voltages left on default)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hi all, wondering if anyone is able to help me diagnose a problem with getting all my ram to work. Using Corsair 6gb 1600mhz ddr3 with an EVGA x58 and Vista 64 bit home premium.

Recently got my ram replaced by OcUK as comp would only post with 1 stick installed, now works fine with all 3x2gb sticks in. Windows recognises 6gb of ram being used in control panel --> system, however in EVGA E-LEET software, and task manager, only 4gb is recognised. It occasionally boots and recognises 6gb in E-LEET but swiftly freezes and returns to 4gb on restart. Also occasionally freezes when 4gb are used as well. No idea why it won't accept 6gb. It seems to know that 6gb are in the system, but it is only making use of 4gb.

Bios settings for RAM:

9-9-9-24 (tRFC 74)
Ratio 2:10 (1333mhz)
Voltage 1.65V
Command rate 1T
Without VDroop

In E-LEET this gives a DRAM frequency of 800mhz (equivalent to 1600mhz total??), Triple channel is recognised, NB frequency is 3200mhz, yet memory size is only 4088mb.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Try clearing the BIOS and then using the XMP profile for the memory just for testing purposes.

Back
Top Bottom