Ram upgrade issue with AIO

Associate
I was using the PC more for work and transpired I needed to upgrade the RAM, so opted for some Corsair Vengeance, great I have 64GB now :) The issue is that the AIO I had, on the top of my case Corsair 4000X doesn't fit as it hits the top of the Dimms. The AIO is a Corsair 280mm, so I just mounted it at the front for the moment. However I am not happy with it, was looking at changing it to a 240mm to get it back on the top and put the original case fans at the front.

Had a look at the options and not sure, I really wanted to stick with Corsair, the LCD one is nice but....so I suppose, what would anyone else suggest? (it needs to be black).

Soldato
If the temps are I’d probably just keep it fitted in the front of the case.

Another option would maybe be a pair of 140x15mm fans.

Associate
OP
I got a corsair AIO 240mm iCUE LINK H100i RGB, albeit in white in the end (was being cheap) they put it on offer for £139 it has no LCD but it has the new connection for the fans which is nice that I can get rid of all the cables. Now I just have to decide to replace the 3 standard fans the case came with at the front with the new ones.

Associate
Very pleased with my Corsair iCUE cooler. I have a 360 rad version with the LCD screen. Nice bit of kit and you won't have any of your memory/cooler issues. The only downside is the unsightly thick water pipes running from the head to the rad. If you don't have a glass case then not an issue. :)

Associate
I was using the PC more for work and transpired I needed to upgrade the RAM, so opted for some Corsair Vengeance, great I have 64GB now :) The issue is that the AIO I had, on the top of my case Corsair 4000X doesn't fit as it hits the top of the Dimms. The AIO is a Corsair 280mm, so I just mounted it at the front for the moment. However I am not happy with it, was looking at changing it to a 240mm to get it back on the top and put the original case fans at the front.

Had a look at the options and not sure, I really wanted to stick with Corsair, the LCD one is nice but....so I suppose, what would anyone else suggest? (it needs to be black).

You don’t mention what CPU, if it’s Ryzen then I would recommend an air cooler as an AIO is really not necessary. I have gone back to an air cooler for first time in 12+ years and the Deepcool AK620 I have was a fraction of the spec and just gave a nice aesthetic.

Soldato
why do you want the aio you have at the top of the case? are you trying to make rroom for some rgb fans at the front or somerthing like that?
I'd just leave it with the AIO at the front, that's if you even need an AIO, are you sure you do?

Back
Top Bottom