Ram upgrade on "Titan Goliath" Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz @ 3.40GHz Quad Core DDR3 System

Associate
Hi all,

I've owned an OC "Titan Goliath" Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz @ 3.40GHz Quad Core DDR3 System for 9 years, and have previously upgraded the graphics card only. This beast continually copes with all the games I throw at it (even got ME: Andromeda to run with only 6GB ram!).

However, I do now want to upgrade the ram now to 16GB (its max) as RAM is becoming an issue.

I am confused/concerned about what RAM to get for this machine given its 'factory overclock status' - if I choose the wrong or cheap ram then it could lose most of its power/stability.

Does anybody have good ram recommendations?

Specs here: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/tita...-3.60ghz-quad-core-ddr3-system-fs-030-oe.html

Kind Regards,

Chris

Soldato
dont know about tri-channel, but i use corsair xms3 and i have even used the 1600mhz, i havent had any issues with them, i also have some normal kingston 1333mhz ram in another computer, not a kit, but 2x2gb, in a computer im prepping to get rid of, i have yet another 1333mhz setup lol, this time one stick is a 4gb ballistic, again none have had faults. ive had Geil too, i would probably go with xms3 without being too biased.

Back
Top Bottom