RAM watercooling, what are your numbers?

Soldato
It does not look like it was a "no brainer" to you, as above you wrote "RAM water-cooling is pointless for anything other than looks". -20C is not pointless, IMO.

It’s a no brainier that it will drop temps. Like adding a fan would have. I still think it’s pointless but it will look nice.

Did you try adding a fan before the block to see what the difference

Associate
OP
@Wing-Man By now things are leveled up in terms of thermals and the results are marginally the same. It sits at 31-32C while idling, with water temp of 30C. I've got 3x360mm in the case, and another 1260mm outside. There's some warm air being blown to the case by the internal rads, which will of course affect the ram block.

The thing itself is not built to deliver top performance as the HS vests of the ram are made of aluminium, not copper. Then the contact in between one side and the other of the vests is just on the top of the mount of the vests, which I also added thermal paste there, as well ofc in between the block and the vests.
Yes I did try a fan, temp was sitting around 47C but that breaks everything, noise, aesthetics. That would do the job, but a block is doing a way better job.
The stock HS of the ram is placed with double sided tape, not sure what is the thermal conductivity there, but I used thermalright extreme odyssey which "should" have 12 W/mh so it's a plus. All in all, happy with the outcome.

Soldato
Kinda considering this since i've overclocked my DDR5 sticks quite abit and bumped the voltages which has also increased temps upwards of 60c. You can literally feel the heat from the ram heatsinks which i think in my case is the hottest component in my system now.

Associate
OP
It did wonders here. Ram does not breach 37C while stress testing at 1.55V and does not go above 41C when gaming. If using full copper ram vests I'd bet it would be even better.

For 27 quid it's well worth it.

Soldato
It did wonders here. Ram does not breach 37C while stress testing at 1.55V and does not go above 41C when gaming. If using full copper ram vests I'd bet it would be even better.

For 27 quid it's well worth it.

did you manage to overclock more?
also can we see a photo of the block in your system.

for £27 i may got one just for the looks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sure yes. Currently cl 14-15-15-15-23-38 trfc 245 cr2. Cr1 does not change the latency in anything.

I'm trying cl14 flat but I need to sort termination block and cadbus block they are both wonky, but as the tests are passing I am not bothering now. It takes time.

SZ7LBny.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Lemme get home and I'll take some pics.
Yes, got the argb version but also ordered led diffusers from AliExpress too because I don't like the look of bare LEDs in the Bykski products. Not sure how I'll fit it, it should arrive tomorrow.

Associate
OP
@Wing-Man

There's no much to picture, but here it is.

rbBBLSP.jpeg
qLOs6nT.jpeg

I'm receiving the led diffuser tomorrow, like I said above I dislike the looks of the individual leds. Let's see if is possible to fit in there, I believe is possible and is not gonna be visible.

And the latest test just passed, good good.

o4sbZt0.png

Associate
OP
For what I paid I can't complain. The rest of the stuff is all bykski too. They have other models which in fact look better but as I was not sure about the efficacy of it I went with the cheapest 2 dimms one.

Back
Top Bottom