Rambo V: Last Blood

Associate
I lost interest in Rocky and it looks like I will pass on this one.

Rambo:Last Blood, was a bit of a shock as it was more brutal when compared to Rambo 2 & 3 and lost the charm of the 'one man army'. A more serious darker tone.

The one thing which bugged me with Last Blood, the CGI gore - but then CGI effects really bug me! For instance, if Alien was made nowadays, it would be a CGI fest and never look as convincing as the original.

Anyway, I loved the Rocky franchise up until 5 where it lost its way and is an anticlimax. Rocky 4 is the 'ultimate' hero fight and it should have finished there.

For Rambo, there is only one - First Blood and stays close to the book for the most part.

Caporegime
I lost interest in Rocky and it looks like I will pass on this one.

Rambo:Last Blood, was a bit of a shock as it was more brutal when compared to Rambo 2 & 3 and lost the charm of the 'one man army'. A more serious darker tone.

The one thing which bugged me with Last Blood, the CGI gore - but then CGI effects really bug me! For instance, if Alien was made nowadays, it would be a CGI fest and never look as convincing as the original.

Anyway, I loved the Rocky franchise up until 5 where it lost its way and is an anticlimax. Rocky 4 is the 'ultimate' hero fight and it should have finished there.

For Rambo, there is only one - First Blood and stays close to the book for the most part.

Do you mean 'Rambo' (4) as opposed to 'Last Blood' (5)

Caporegime
Author David Morrell wrote the 1972 novel First Blood, which introduced the world to the iconic action hero.

Ten years later it was turned into the blockbusting Stallone movie which spawned a franchise. Morrell has written 28 books and remains most famous for creating Rambo, but he has never been involved with any of the films in the franchise.

However, he caused a stir on social media when he publicly eviscerated the latest instalment. Like the film itself, his comments have divided opinions.

Morrell wrote: "I agree with these RAMBO: LAST BLOOD reviews. The film is a mess. Embarrassed to have my name associated with it... It's a degrading film. It's similar to 1976's grindhouse exploitation film TRACKDOWN, with Robert Mitchum's son, James. Same plot. Same poor filmmaking."

Ouch.

Permabanned

It might be decent i am going to guess he means degrading by a white italian guy killing loads of Mexicans? Whats the issue we have had violent movies before is the plot a mess? Or is it America that became the mess and now any movies depicting violence against a minority or any non white is degrading.

This is how pc ruins everything, And must be mocked at every opportunity.

Soldato
not convinced by this. think i'll wait until it's out of the cinema
i love first blood, had me completely hooked as a kid. even got myself a RAMBO knife at one point, with the survival kit in the handle (matches, fishing hook etc :p)
then some ****hole kid told the police i had it and they came knocking on my door. my dad took it from me and hid it :( couldn't kill boar no more

Associate
not convinced by this. think i'll wait until it's out of the cinema
i love first blood, had me completely hooked as a kid. even got myself a RAMBO knife at one point, with the survival kit in the handle (matches, fishing hook etc :p)
then some ****hole kid told the police i had it and they came knocking on my door. my dad took it from me and hid it :( couldn't kill boar no more

That brings back memories of being a Boy Scout in the late 80s, one of the perks was having an excuse to need a Rambo style knife. I had a camo print handled one with a screw off compass handle cap that sealed the precious waterproof matches and other survival goodies within.

We even used to try throwing the knives at full strength into trees which ended when one kid's knife bounced back and cut his ear, could have been very dicey looking back on it. Rambo movies definitely had a lot to answer for in terms of making 80s kids want access to weapons, especially knives and bows.

Permabanned
I need one for fishing, Its for err safety in case i wade into discarded snags and braided line in streams where its too fast and unsafe to take a knee to untangle and braids too strong to snap sometimes 60lbs double wrapped.

But those knives are basically these days the AR15 of the knife world lol, You will be prosecuted for a pen knife i think the UK law says 1inch blades? Great because they also made shipping the gas cannisters for life jackets unshippable to Ireland as well due to derp derp safety. Can we go back to the 80's again?

Permabanned
3 inch, non-locking blade. Penknives are fine

Yea that is dangerous my scenario is rare but entirely feasable anything less than four would never work for me and it would need to be very sharp. Weird how they worry about safety but the above scenario means ive no flotation device and only a 3inch to cut braid? Braids notoriously difficult to cut as well.

Back
Top Bottom