Ramdom black screen after the slash screen when booting from cold?

Associate
I was coming here to post about this then saw this thread. This has started happening to me this last week. Boot from cold, after bios, screen goes black and the monitor goes into standby.

I'm using a 1080 into an X34a monitor. Weird that this has only just started, had there been a Windows update this week that could be causing it?

I only update my Nvidia drivers manually so may look for an update or revert to older drivers.

Any other ideas guys? Its bugging the hell out of me, I was worried either my card or monitor my be starting to fault.

Soldato
I'm using a 1080 into an X34a monitor. Weird that this has only just started, had there been a Windows update this week that could be causing it?
Not unlikely - Windows 10 recently has tried its best to cripple certain nVidia cards recently.

I only update my Nvidia drivers manually so may look for an update or revert to older drivers.
The last set of drivers improved mine (although as mentioned in an earlier post i con mine via a secondary monitor connected via HDMI) - but expecting Windows to **** that up very soon when and if i allow it to update.

I'm afraid it's one of those things you learn to live with - especially as you're getting the 'stand-by message' (i get 'no-signal' message) coupled with the black screen - very similar behaviour to mine.

Back
Top Bottom