Random failed posting.

Associate
Hi all.
Been having issues with my system,

3700x, X570 Meg Ace, MSI 2070 super gaming trio, 4 x 8gb 3600 Vengeance pro, Corsair 850w PSU, watercooled.

Built just over a year ago and a few months after being finished started having issues where it sometimes wouldn't post. Board showing "0d" and all fans running full speed.

This got progressively worse with multiple clear cmos, left with psu switched off before it would restart.

Luckily I have access to a 5800x, 4 x 3200 Vengeance pro, Asus X570-F etc to test bits, although breaking down a hard tubing loop isn't fun.

Had a big swap around with all the bits and Ace came back to life straight after a CPU swap, although the cpu appeared fine in the Asus X570 -F.

Everything checked out and ran fine no matter how we swapped it out.

So CPU was RMA'd, this has since been replaced and system initially booted fine but soon started failing to post.

Board has had a couple of bios updates and is currently on the latest non beta.

Memory timings have been manually set along with voltages but issue happens even with optimised defaults.

I had loaded up 3 custom profiles in the bios this week, these have since gone missing and not showing.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Associate
OP
view
view
That's it when it feels like posting, although 2 of the LL fans LED rings have failed already.

Associate
OP
I haven't no, but have tried all 8 sticks independent and when it gets into a non post state no amount of ram swapping gets it posting.
I will however swap my sticks into my sons asus x570-F / 5800x and test them on there.
Still trying to work out how to get an image from my Google drive.

Man of Honour
I haven't no, but have tried all 8 sticks independent and when it gets into a non post state no amount of ram swapping gets it posting.
I will however swap my sticks into my sons asus x570-F / 5800x and test them on there.
Still trying to work out how to get an image from my Google drive.
It does look like there's something wrong with the msi ace but its a case of trial and error.
Have you got both 12v aux cpu connected could it be psu related ?

Associate
OP
Motherboard has both cpu sockets populated from the psu.
Not that it overly matters but the RMi 850 was purchased at yhe same time as the board.
Voltages look good and stable in icue.
It now on it's 3rd pass of memtest with no faults and with all 4 sticks of 3600 fitted.
Memory is actually running with tighter timings as per ryzen mem calculator.
It's all happy atm, see how it goes on the next reboot.
It's like rolling a dice.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why don’t you revert back to the bios pre zen3 and see if that helps the situation? Could be the cmos battery need replacing?

Associate
OP
Just spent 30 mins trying to get it to post.
All settings in bios as they had been set so think the bios battery is good. But if it continues to play up I will pull the GPU riser card and GPU out and check the voltage.
Once it finally posted however DIMM A2 has not loaded the LED settings from icue.
However all sticks have passed memtest and system is showing the full 32gb.

Back
Top Bottom