Random freezing / lockups, windows 10, need help diagnosing

Associate
Hello chaps,

Hopefully this is the correct forum section to put this thread, if not could a mod please move it?

I'm having some random freezing on my pc, the pc will just freeze for about 1-10seconds randomly every minute or so, cant use mouse or keyboard, sound just plays in a horrible distorted loop and without touching anything it will go back to doing what it was doing, doesnt crash to BSOD and happens in desktop / browsing or gaming. Doesn't seem temperature related ive monitored them and they don't spike into the unsafe region, and will happen when the pc is turned on within 1min.
If i restart my pc it will be fine for a few hours maybe, play csgo for a few hours, then if load Dota 2 and go back to csgo it will more than likely start messing about again until the pc is restarted. Its really frustrating as its less than a month old (built by myself), and it wasn't doing it for the first 2 weeks of ownership.

My pc specs:

i7 9700k oem clock speed
Be quiet Silentpower 240mm AIO
Msi Z390 gaming edge micro atx board
Rtx 2070 msi armour gfx card
Corsair vengance lpx 3200mhz ddr4 16gb 2x8gb
corsair hx650 psu
nzxt h400i case

windows 10 pro 64bit

I'm looking for advise to try and diagnose what could be causing these lockups / freezes? Its not as if something is crashing so i could get an error code or something, i'm really stuck as i don't know where to sort of start looking! Maybe some software to monitor voltages? But if it was a voltage for the cpu going down would it not crash the whole pc and wouldn't resume as such, and if it was voltage why would it do it when there is no load? And why would restarting the pc help this? Confused to say the least!

I've checked and all latest software updates are done, i've updated my bios firmware too, no change.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Vince

Associate
OP
Okay its looking like NahimicSvc32 is going to near 100% cpu usage and causing the crashes at the time, have tried uninstalling and re-installing, using driver sweeper in between and still no change. Going to try uninstalling nahimic for a few days and see if it work stops the freezing issue, its a shame as i sort of want nahimic for the EQ settings on my soundcard. My only other option is to chuck my old Xonar DX card in the system and use that for sound. Such a shame.

Back
Top Bottom