Random high temps on boot up with liquid cooler advice please...Corsair H100i GTX

Associate
I am having a bit of an issue, sometimes when I boot up my system , the temps will shoot through the roof, it only happens say once every two weeks perhaps.... I have read it could be trapped air in the tubes on the Corsair h100i GTX liquid cooler....

But I also remember that it can be important to set the correct settings in the bios when using a liquid cooler...I currently have a Gigabyte Aurous Gaming Z370 Gaming motherboard (the latest bios) what should I be setting the fan header at for a liquid cooler in the bios ?

My Cpu is a i5 8600k overclocked to 4.8ghz voltage 1.19, no issues with temps other than the random high temps when first turning on the system.....it does not happen when the system is running, it only happens randomly when first turning on the PC from cold, to fix the issue when it does happen, I simply close down, give it 10 seconds, boot up, go to bios to check temps, then exit the bios and hey presto it all works perfectly again until the next random event....

Associate
OP
Sounds like your pump is failing to start. What is your pump connected too for power?

Hi Dave, the power is from the header on the motherboard...I have just been in the bios and checked the settings, the motherboard showed that the pump was set to auto for power using a curve, so I have changed that setting to manual, as I have read before that it is best to run the pump at full speed? is that correct or am I making a bit of a mistake in that respect, the rest of the fan headers are set to the motherboards own auto setting with a curve for when the temps go up.

I get good temps at 68 degrees when testing the system with Prime95 using the correct test for CPU heat stress testing.

Back
Top Bottom