Random Reboots & Crashes - New Build

Associate
Hey,

Hoping anyone can help, built a new machine a few weeks ago and I'm getting constant crashes in games and now random reboots when just idle.

Temps all appear to be OK even under full stress test at 100% usage CPU sits at 80 and in games only 50-60c with idle of 38-40c, GPU temps are also all OK.

System specs below:

7800x3d - with a Phanteks Glacier One 360D30
TeamGroup Delta RGB 32GB (2X16GB) DDR5 PC5-44800C30 6000MHz Dual Channel Kit
4080 Super
Seasonic Focus GX 1000 ATX 3.0
Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX ICE AM5

Done a re-install of windows yesterday to see if this helped and left the machine in idle all night and after about 13hours it rebooted its self.

My initial thoughts are maybe motherboard being at fault, as CPU and GPU seem to operate fine under stress test and benchmarks?

Associate
OP
Hi.

Memory is not expo have you got it running at the correct frequency and timmings, etc?

Hey,

I have been using EXPO profile as reviews said it was viable but maybe that is causing the issue!
I’ll disable expo and just use without enabling for the moment and see how that goes, I have access to some different RAM tomorrow that is EXPO so can test again with that

Other than it running at lower mhz for the day guessing that isn't an issue - and should be OK to carry out testing?

Man of Honour
Hey,

I have been using EXPO profile as reviews said it was viable but maybe that is causing the issue!
I’ll disable expo and just use without enabling for the moment and see how that goes, I have access to some different RAM tomorrow that is EXPO so can test again with that

Other than it running at lower mhz for the day guessing that isn't an issue - and should be OK to carry out testing?
Download memtest and test the memory at at expo and stock.

You may just need to add a touch of voltage.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If it still reboots with the memory at stock I'd try using a positive curve to add voltage, especially if you're currently using a negative one.

Random reboots at idle were kind of common on AM4 and usually it was because the board didn't supply enough voltage, though some CPUs had to be returned and that fixed the issue.

Associate
OP
So been running on stock since this morning and dragons dogma 2 been running for about 5 hours without any reboots / crashes which is the first time so that’s progress!

Will continue on stock for the moment and leave on overnight and grab that expo RAM tomorrow for testing.

Back
Top Bottom