Random Reboots

Associate
For a while now I've been getting random reboots while gaming, at least as far as I remember it's only while gaming. The PC will just power off and reboot back into Windows. As far as I can tell this is the only symptom. I get the follow show up in the computer management logs. I've tried a Windows reinstall, checking all cables and ram are seated properly and repasted the CPU about 2 months ago. I'm hoping something is not about to die as I'm not really in a position to replace anything at the moment. Any ideas what this could be?

gHVOC7w.png

Man of Honour
Is this a Ryzen system? Are you running overclocked and/or with XMP enabled?

When was the last time you updated the BIOS?

What monitoring software do you run while gaming?

Soldato
What are the exact specifications of your PC?

CPU, Mobo, RAM, GPU, PSU.

The exact model of the PSU (power supply) would be of help.

Associate
OP
Main system spec below. I have no overclocking on at all. The BIOS was last updated when I bought the motherboard so that it supported the 5600x. I've only really been using HWMonitor.

CPU - Ryzen 56000x
Motherboard - ROG Strix B550-G Gaming (2201 Bios)
RAM - 4x Crucial 8GB DDR4-3200 (BL8G32C16U4BL.M8FE)
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1080ti
PSU - Corsair RM650x

rB9Pqln.png

Soldato
My immediate thought at your description was a power issue, but your PSU should be fine with your build.

How old is the PSU out of interest? They can degrade over time and it might be the problem regardless, if it was a RAM issue or something I'd probably expect a blue screen or crash of some sort.

Soldato
Welcome to owning a Ryzen 5000 CPU, I hope you enjoy your stay

If your bios is stock, memory stock, cpu settings all stock and you still get the reboots then you can RMA the CPU

Last edited:
Associate
OP
My immediate thought at your description was a power issue, but your PSU should be fine with your build.

How old is the PSU out of interest? They can degrade over time and it might be the problem regardless, if it was a RAM issue or something I'd probably expect a blue screen or crash of some sort.
The PSU is about 5 - 6 years old, maybe 7.

I've ran tests on the drives and ram and they come up fine, no errors reported. I haven't got around to doing any on the CPU yet, I guess that should be my next port of call.

Back
Top Bottom