Random Restarts

M0T

M0T

Soldato
Argh!

My pc has started randomly restarting when in use. Sometimes it does it when I'm watching a DVD, somethimes its just browsing the net and sometimes it does it in games but it seems completely random.

The pc is:

E6300
2GB GeIL DDR2 RAM (667)
Gigabyte DS4
Sapphire 1900XT
X-Fi Music
160GB Seagate Barracuda SATA
Pioneer 106D DVD Writer
Tagan 580w PSU

My PC was running at 3.15ghz happily from when I got it mid august to around wednesday, but after that it started randomly restarting every couple of hours. I set everything back to stock but it still seems to be doing it. I have updated all my drivers.

CPU Temps are 37 & 39 Idle, and when overclocked they were 42 and 44 Idle maxing at 54 under load. Graphics card temp is 47.

Everest gives me the following voltages:

Field Value
CPU Core 1.30 V
+2.5 V 2.13 V
+3.3 V 3.26 V
+5 V 5.00 V
+12 V 12.17 V
+5 V Standby 5.19 V
VBAT Battery 3.33 V

Any idea whats causing it?

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am having a problem with the internet on this pc being extremely slow which started at the same time. I have run AVG, Adaware and Hijack this and removed anything they found but still no change.

Last edited:
ive been having the same problems and yet to find what the cause is, only difference is i only bought mine 2 days ago :(
mine wouldnt even boot this morning and the only thing i did was change the mobo screws (incase it was shorting) switched the ram over from the yellow slots to the orange ones and removed the extra power from the mobo for the pci-e 12v and so far ive not had 1 restart

Check what voltage the 3.3v rail goes down to under CPU load.

Also you could try memtest86 on the RAM as it could be faulty, other than a weak PSU the memory is a prime candidate IMO seeing as the temperatures look alright.

I think I may have discovered the problem. Looking at the Event Log it seems that I get the following error which coincides with the reboots:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
atitray

I have done a net search and atitray appears to be Ati Tray Tools (which I completely unistalled last week). I have since gone through the registry and removed all remaining references to it so I am hoping that will fix the problem.

wizardmaxx said:
Hope u come right m8. Have u tried the omega drivers at all

Yeah, its the omega drivers that Ati Tray tool came with, I found them slower than the official catalysts. I am going to leave my pc as it is for a few days to check the problem is truly gone then put my overclock back on.

Argh! Still have the restart problem and I get the following in my event viewer at the same time as the restarts occur:

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 805217e0.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom