Rant you'll feel better. Which was the worse phone or network you were on?

Soldato
HTC in general.

Useless repair centre is my biggest gripe.

They had my original desire four times for a period of two months out of three.... and still didnt fix the camera.

Volume button stopped working so I sent it back again, they returned the phone unfixed but having fixed a motherboard fault. Fantastic.

Phone went back to them again and they sent it back with rounded off screws and no warranty stickers.

Sent the phone back AGAIN and gave them an earful down the phone. "We're going to upgrade you to a desire hd sir" - woopie......

Desire HD arrives with no battery, and missing both rear covers. The camera lense is fitted unevenly and almost falling out. Another phone call and they want to collect it...AGAIN

Escalations abroad apparently approved a SKU instead of a factory built joke. Happily waiting for my new Sensation to arrive the UPS man brings me...... the same desire hd with the same bits missing.

Furious now they promise to get it right and collect the desire hd.

My sensation arrives two weeks later, with dead pixels, and the signal on it is that god awful I can't make phone calls in places I previously had no problems doing so. Oh certainly says the HTC rep - you need to hold the phone differently thats your problem with the signal......

So now I have a phone that has no signal unless you pince it with two fingers and even then it struggles to get any signal at home or at work.

What do they offer now - Well originally they offered to swap the unit for a new SKU which I agreed to. It apparently had to go back to escalations and NOW because its taken so long for escalations to come back apparently I've had the phone too long and so they won't do a straight swap.

Absolute bunch of cowboys and I'm very tempted to sell this piece of junk they call a smart'phone' to carphonewarehouse and buy myself a simfree iphone.

Sorry for the lack of sense but I typed this as I was thinking it ;)

Soldato
N95 8gb
Horrible phone, the OS had zero improvements over the P910i i had 2 years previous, ended up chopping it in after 6 months and going back to my Sony M600i.

Only ever been on Vodaphone and Orange and tbh both have been flawless!

Had a HTC 740 for a work phone once, that was worse than the N95 and ended up handing it back and using my own phone instead.

Soldato
You could say that was Orange but that network should work fine in Staffordshire so I think the phone was at fault.

So you had a phone that constantly lost signal....for two years...but you didn't think to get it looked at? How odd...

Worst phone.....log viewty. So bad I went back to my trusty n95 then bought an iPhone 1 from carphonewarehouse. 150 quid lol, they learnt from that mistake :p

Man of Honour
Not particularly happy with Virgin Mobile as they seem to have a lot of billing issues that they can't rectify (my internet allowance is somehow out of sync by 1 day.... so I get charged for 1 day usage [50p] every month.... they've also failed to apply my loyalty discount the past two months). Signal is also very bad where I live, can't get a signal in half the house.

As for the phones themselves I can't think of any phone that I've disliked, although the symbian OS on my Nokia 6800 was quite clunky.

Man of Honour
Phone: LG Viewty KU990 *shudder* got it out of the box, tried it for a day, put it back, got a phone from work instead and used that. Ended up selling it about 2 years later on Ebay for nearly £100 :cool:

Carrier: O2 - just rubbish reception in my house, been with vodafone for years with zero problems.

Soldato
have to say orange, mainly due to a the following couple of things, and its not like its a one off :

i have my iphone 3gs sitting on my desk, nigh on full signal, get a message that i've answer phone message, the phone has NOT rung, so i call the person....

or

i have my iphone 3gs sitting on my desk, nigh on full signal, get a message that i've answer phone message, the phone has NOT rung, busy doing something so i leave the phone alone, next thing i know the phone rings, and its been in exactly the same place as before when it didn't sodding ring :(

Soldato
Haven't had any really bad experiences with the networks. Orange have been the best for me, currently on Vodafone.

Had 10 different HTC smartphones since the first Orange SPV but boy by far the worst phone I've had was the Touch Diamond. What a piece of cr*p.

Its the only phone I've ever really felt overheat in my hand. Compared to the theoretical capablity of the phone it was terrible. Couldn't run Slingplayer for more than a couple of minutes without crashing or losing signal.

In total contrast to the OP I then had a Bold 9000 which I loved. It was the first truly reliable smartphone I'd had. Could watch Slingplayer over 3G for ages without a problem.

Associate
my worst phone was the blackberry bold. seemed to break every 3 months or so. everytime it would go for repairs i would be a week without a phone. pretty annoying

Soldato
Worst phone for me was the NEC e616 on Three. That phone was a total waste of time it was in a walled garden and the content that Three did actually provide was atrocious. The battery life was horrendous and the phone had some nasty reboot issues. I'm really glad I got rid of it!

My second worst phone is the Nokia 7250. The looks say it all really.

Soldato
original Samsung omnia on orange network, battery was terrible, touch screen was never very well aligned, the signal was poor and Orange never wanted to help and they gave me miss information when I was eventually able to cancel my contract, horrible phone, horrible company!

Back
Top Bottom