rapidshare down?

Soldato
OP
Rapidshare is old. Giganews is 10x faster.

Maxes out my connection. 50Mb internet service

Never really had any problems with RS speeds. On a 20mb connection with wireless it maxes out at 1.4mbps. When i connect a cable its downloads at about 2.2mbps. (20mb connection synced at 18mb)

Soldato
I guess you pay for it and use it a lot?

I only ever use it for the odd file but then i don't download much anyway, when i do have to use it, its annoying, most other sites seem to handle a lot of files like download.com and gaming sites for demos and stuff so whats up with these kind of file hosts?

Yeah I pay for it, but it still maxes out using the free download option.

Soldato
Do you guys use it for anything legal? Everyone I know only ever uses rapidshare to get dodgy software and copies of the latest movie releases.

I don't have an account, no point on my broadband but does anyone use it legitimately?
I think the German authorities are are now logging things that people upload and download on rapidshare for this reason

Associate
http://rapidshare.com/news.html

Upgrade: Enjoy RapidShare with 600 Gbits/s now

March 01, 2010
The upgrade that was announced on February 1st has been successfully implemented, and all the work has been completed. Thus the capacity problems have been resolved.

Of course, we will keep an eye on our systems and upgrade them again whenever necessary.

We are happy to see that more and more customers choose RapidShare and popularize our service worldwide. Thank you for your loyalty!

Back
Top Bottom