Rapper-actor DMX dies aged 50

Caporegime
RIP.
DMX was crazy though a proper OG, there's youtube videos of him chilling in the hood and visiting mcdonalds etc
fame and money never really changed him to his downfall, in and out of court all the time etc
He had asthma so I'm surprised that's not one of the reasons he died.

Damien parts I, II & III were his best works imo

Clean version of part 1

That whole album was pure fire tbh.

His first 3 albums were.

Associate
One of the best at his peak. Slippin being one of my favourites at the time. The ammount of great lyrics DMX wrote back then is astonishing.

Associate
Heavy sigh at the state of the RIP threads on this forum. Just pay your ******* respects or don't bother posting FFS.

RIP to DMX. Strangely never really got into his music even though I was really into hip hop in the 90s, but he did have some great tunes and was an icon.

Caporegime
Heavy sigh at the state of the RIP threads on this forum. Just pay your ******* respects or don't bother posting FFS.

RIP to DMX. Strangely never really got into his music even though I was really into hip hop in the 90s, but he did have some great tunes and was an icon.
Lol but people gotta be edgy :p

RIP to DMX, heard he was in hospital and didn’t think he would make it :(.

Loved his music and he had an iconic voice. Still listen to a few of his songs.

Soldato

GD is trash. RIP DMX

Soldato
Liked his music, came up in the same era as NWA etc (East Side vs West Side rappers) and that showed through in his later albums (annoyed at the young lazy rappers of today - same as Dre feels etc) and he even made a passable second career as an actor where he was better than most people would have thought.

Caporegime
ATF is an absolute masterpiece. It's only 1:56 long but it's shows just how good he was. I believe Eminem copied a lot of his style in storytelling.

There is another track I can't recall maybe someone can help me I don't have access to his albums they are back at home currently. It has a shotgun sound right at the end and is pretty short k always wished that track was longer.

Soldato
I was a fan of his music back in late 90s and early 00s. Slippin, School Street etc. His collaboration with Onyx on the track "Shut 'Em Down" was brilliant.

RIP DMX

Soldato
Haven't listened to loads of his music but one of the lyrics that did stick with me was: "I've been doing this for nineteen years. ****s wanna fight me? Fight these tears!"

Will work through his albums when I get a chance.

GD is trash. RIP DMX

"Mind yo' business lady" :cry:

Soldato
RIP

I remember years ago getting my daughter one of those I-teddies with the MP3 player in it.

First song I put on it was X gonna give it to yah. I thought it was the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Thanks for the Movies and Music.

Soldato
Bit late to the thread but RIP Dark Man X.

His first 3 albums...and some of his 4th are in my favourite albums of all time. While hip hop was saturated with over produced beats and pop rappers, he was a breath of fresh air.

Shame folks will dismiss him as 'just another rapper', he had heart and passion to his music, he wore his pain openly, struggled and that went straight into his music. You can feel it so much, especially in his first 2 albums.

Bought his first album a year after I left college, doesn't feel long ago but realise it's about 23 years :o

EDIT: Just went to page 1 and saw the deleted posts, based on the poster names I can already guess what was written.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom