Rate The Photo Above You!

Soldato
One of mine for from last weekend at Snetterton.
Great panning, though it's a bit of a shame there isn't more in the frame - would also be good to have more space for the car to run into, instead of it being slap-bang in the middle. Bit tricky to ensure all that while panning, mind!

Mine - Catholic (I think) Good Friday evening parade in Lisbon - there were many more exciting subjects than this woman, crucifixes, a brass band, big flags etc - but I became drawn to picking out this lady in the habit:

Lisbon, April 2011 by sarawallen, on Flickr

Soldato
OP
6. Compositionally the image looks ok but doesn't grab my attention.
I don't like the PP, at least on this image, maybe ok for an urban look though.
Also is the image a low Bit depth? as I can see some photoshop banding.

Below is a head shot from last week, the final version is a tighter 8x10 crop...

Elenas-Choice2.jpg

Associate
6. Compositionally the image looks ok but doesn't grab my attention.
I don't like the PP, at least on this image, maybe ok for an urban look though.
Also is the image a low Bit depth? as I can see some photoshop banding.

Below is a head shot from last week, the final version is a tighter 8x10 crop...

Elenas-Choice2.jpg

7/10. Nice photo and the girl is very pretty.

My photo:

P1010459 by Steve Millward, on Flickr

Soldato
7/10.

I'd quite like to see a black and white version. I like the framing you did within the shot. Not sure if this was intentional, but it sort of works.

5747498778_32b2b24c99_z.jpg

Soldato
I like that, but the cross is a little lost in the background. I think there's a bit much sky and too little grass too. That being said, when you view it with the thought of grave & heaven sort of themes, I suppose it gets the point across well. I can't make my mind up :D

7/10

Landscape 1 by Niall Allen, on Flickr

Soldato
Thanks ElDude. No matter what I did, I just couldn't get the cross to stand out more. I did have a shot with more grass but it looks awkward, and like you said, I tried to go for the whole - heaps of sky / heaven thing... Plus the clouds sort of mould into the outline of the trees (if you pay enough attention to it). Ach, not religious in the slightest, I just thought it came out quite well :). Thanks for your comments :) Oh, personally, I'd like your photo with a tad more contrast :), especially in the clouds.

Soldato
6/10

I do like the image, but not a fan of the fog/blur on the top right portion of the image, also not a very interesting composition overall.

It was 6am and that was a haze in the background caused by either the heat of the morning sun or a bit of light drizzle. It started to rain on me just after that. I've got another version on flickr that shows more detail in the trees. Also adding contrast to the sky didn't look right. I did have the same idea :)

Dunno what you mean about composition though. It's a landscape shot. You don't get much of a choice when shooting what's in front of you :p

Last edited:
Soldato
7/10 - Lovely colours, and nice focus. Photographs of plants don't grab my attention too much, but I like this one. It would make a nice wallpaper :)

As for this shot - Too saturated? Too much processing? I cannot decide.
5755767700_51aa5e80ce_z.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
^^^
Nice work, takes me back to my trading days!
Looks like you knowingly/un-knowingly got a Fibonacci 'Golden Spiral' there, imo you should crop it into a rectangle in a Fibonacci ratio and position the shell as such, within the frame.

Inspector Lynley gives a quick explanation, Lol.

Back
Top Bottom