Rattan garden furniture

Leave outside stuff is much better in general. It's a pain to bring stuff inside and store it / cover it.

A quick jet wash and rattan-style stuff is ready for the new season again, unless you know any bugs that can withstand 2000 PSI, in which case I understand why bainbridge's Mrs. is scared.

Last edited:
Keter seems to come up a lot of garden stuff. Notably sheds in my other thread.

Is it wrong that I want a corner sofa for outside :o

Following with interest. Just need to do the garden first :(

Never would have thought they'd attract bugs so much, mind! Are we allowed corner sofas in the garden?
I've never had an issue with bugs finding a home in our rattan furniture and it's been outside for 10yrs. It's also lasted a lot better than the hardwood legs!
I wanted to go full aluminium but there was very little choice below a few £k at the time..
Now there's tonnes of great options at all price ranges.

Keter seems to come up a lot of garden stuff. Notably sheds in my other thread.

Is it wrong that I want a corner sofa for outside :o

Got one ourselves coming this weekend:cool:, I think it should look brilliant in a garden/patio area. We had a garden table set previously but the chairs material started to split recently, though it done well lasted well over 12 years+, so now we decided to get a sofa type instead.

Last edited:
I was in the middle of Lidl yesterday and spotted this garden set for £200 I think, almost got it myself but it wouldn't have fitted in the car :rolleyes:.

embed

By time lidl and aldi have them you know the trend is truly dead and one should consider their purchase with deep thought.

The next trend will probably be furniture coated in astroturf and leds

We've had a rattan 6 seat round table set by Blue Diamond for around 3 years, we bought it from a garden centre and it still looks brand new, looked underneath each chair and can't find any of these creepy crawlies people are going on about, we did pay quite a lot more than the £200 the one above is at Lidl

Last edited:
At that sort of price from Lidl, I can't imagine them to have anything but a steel frame underneath.
I'm currently trying to find some comfortable garden furniture, reasonably priced with an alu frame.

Last edited:
We have the Rattan grey style stuff for about 3 years. Never jet washed it. It gets left out through winter/summer and it still looks great. Never had issues with bugs or rusting/poor quality. The only thing that has happened is the cushions have faded a bit unevenly due to sunlight hitting them and some getting wet when it rained a few times before we could bring them in. We simply do not have storage for them so wanted something we could leave out all year. Got them off ebay. We paid somewhere between 500 - 800 for a set with a little coffee table style table with a glass top.

Trying to decide if this John Lewis set is worth the extra over a generic Dunelm/Argos/other set. You can find similar looking for ~£200-300 but I think this looks a lot smarter and more comfortable. Any thoughts? Aluminium frame, synthetic weave... Cushions can't get wet.

EDIT: And we probably wouldn't fit it in our 6x4 shed over winter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom