Razer Copperhead Replacement

Associate
It's time to move on from my copperhead as the middle button only clicks intermittently. I've been looking at mice trying to find a replacement but nothing seems to catch my eye. I'm not really a fan of ergonomic mice, I prefer the ambidextrous shape of the copperhead. I also like having seven buttons which rules out the deathadder. Being able to change the sensitivity on the fly is quite useful, and I've got used to having shortcuts bound to the buttons so ideally I'd like the replacement to be able to customise all of the buttons.

The Taipan looks nice, and the Steelseries Sensei looks like it ticks all the boxes.

Does anyone have any opinions on the above mice, or suggestions of others which I should look at?

Thanks

Associate
I've used a Razer Lachesis for years and it is very good. I can't compare it to the Taipan or Sensei as I haven't used them. Might be worth a look though.

Soldato
Take a look at Mionix, specifically their Avior 7000.

I currently use a sensei wireless which to be honest isn't great (quality issues it seems). I'm not the only ones to have charging problems and in use it just feels lethargic compared to when I had the Mionix Naos. Getting the Avior 7000 soon or might hold out for their new Castor.

Edit: That FK1 uses the same sensor as the Mionix 7000 series

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I hadn't really heard of Mionix before but the Avior 7000 looks like it ticks all the boxes. I think at the moment it's between that and the Taipan.

I'm guessing with the new consumer contract regulations replacing the DSRs that I won't be able to return one for a full refund if I order one and open the packaging to see how it feels?

Associate
OP
That's true but can't they now take money off for "excessive handling" of the goods? I was curious whether they can do this if I break the seal to open the box and feel the mouse itself or not. Not that I ever used it but that was a useful feature of DSRs so if I really didn't get on with the shape it could go back for a full refund

Back
Top Bottom