Razer Mamba, Any Good??!?!?!

Associate
I received my Mamba on saturday and my review of it is on the product page.
I have no doubt that i invested in the right mouse after using it for a very short time and extremely pleased with it.

So my question to you is: Do you need a wireless?

Personally i do, as my pc is in the living room as i use my 52" TV. So as you can imagine it would be silly for me to have a wired. However if i had it on a desk etc, i may have brought the deathadder.

If you need a wireless then buy the Mamba, simple as that. Nothing else on the market for wireless is even in the ball park.

Soldato
These are selling out at a fast rate, the next expected due date for any UK stock is June.
I have spoken to Razer, and they going to air-frieght in some for me, but this will result in higher costs. I would recommend you getting your order placed prior to any increases that may happen.

Associate
It looks like my Deathadder...but with a few extra buttons :)

Question: does it make you coffee in the mornings? For £120 quid it better do! ;)

That is one HEFTY price tag for a mouse, half of which probably covers the cost of the packaging!

Don't get me wrong, I hope you enjoy it...and I hope it was worth it :)

k3v

k3v

Associate
Can someone who has one of these tell me how the wheel works in practice when used as a 3rd mouse button for double clicking. I use a Cad program which involves a lot of double clicking of the mouse button. I curently use an intellimouse 2, when i have tried newer mice, i have yet to find one which has a wheel that can be double clicked like a button, most are way to hard to double click.

kev

Soldato
These are selling out at a fast rate, the next expected due date for any UK stock is June.
I have spoken to Razer, and they going to air-frieght in some for me, but this will result in higher costs. I would recommend you getting your order placed prior to any increases that may happen.
When are you expecting to sell out? Wanted to buy one next week but would rather make the trip to the shop than order off the website.

Associate
well after using plenty of mice ranging from;
old microsoft optical 3.0's etc
mx 510
mx 518
logitech g5
steelseries ikari
Some random optical

Being a "professional" fps player its really down to comfort and all the above mice performed similiar certainly not £90 difference. Comfort, Buttons, and skipping is major things to check when buying a mouse.

Then mousepad, make sure you have a suitable mousepad for mouse you are using and aslong as mouse doesnt skip when moving fast stick to that combo. Comfort really is the best thing to look for as it makes aiming easier

Soldato
is in it wireless it is wireless :confused: why would u want a wireless mouse for gaming?

delay at those things are bad.

do they use batterys?

and for 120 quid might as well buy 3 deathadders still the best gaming mice

Man of Honour
Delay? you've obviously learnt nothing about the Mamba or the range of Logitech wireless laser mice.

The Mamba has 1ms lag with 1000Hz polling - this is no different to a wired mouse.

If you read above some peeps have said it's even better than wired mice when in use.

Last edited:
Associate
A mouse doesn't make or break you.

Been in the professional gaming scene and most the pro's just use their standard microsoft or logitec etc mouses that are decent enough.

The funny thing is they get sponsored by these companies and get free goodies and money so in return they kind of need to advertise them by using them just so wannabe's can buy it with the hope it will make them better or even pro.

If you want to buy a £120 for showoff then go ahead and knock yourself out, in terms of boosting your skills it wont make much difference from your £40-50 decent mouses, the human body can't even use all that available sensitivity.

I once bought a Razor Boomslang gaming mouse for about £90 back in the day, me and all my friends thought it was utterly crap. No one would even exchange me their mouse for it during gaming sessions. I went out and bought a Logitec MX500 £35 a week later and was much better.

Back
Top Bottom