Razer wolverine ultimate controller

Soldato
bought one of these today, i hope it will prove to be a good buy- https://www.razer.com/gb-en/gaming-controllers/razer-wolverine-ultimate-for-xbox-one

its for my pc and im determined to get used to using a controller much better than i used to. I have seen people use them way way better than me and with good accuracy, time to learn i guess.
I feel in some games the extra buttons and feel of the controller will benefit me over my trusted mouse and keyboard but time will tell.

Soldato
Switching to a controller from KB+M

giphy.gif

Soldato
OP
the reason i tried it was for testing out if i could map buttons so i dont accidentally hit ones i didnt mean too.

Now whether this is an issue because of the Ducky keyboard i use and closeness of the keys im not sure.

The controller is off back as i hate the thumb stick aiming lol

May try a Razer Orbweaver chroma, thoughts?

Soldato
May try a Razer Orbweaver chroma, thoughts?
Ridiculously priced for so few controls compared to keyboard.
Razer must be laughing their collective ass off when carrying money to bank.

If problem is accidental button presses you sure your keyboard has best switch type for you?

Soldato
OP
its browns on my ducky, just thought i would try something different.
Ive seen some good reports on these but again if not, then i will have to change the ducky shine 6 for something else.

Maybe its just me.

wonder if reducing the repeat slider may help? i have what i call fat fingers as big hands and seem to hit lots of keys even when typing.

Associate
Dude. I bought a second hand orbweaver to try and since I got it I very rearly use my keyboard now. I play mostly fps games and can quite easily configure most keys I need all to my left hand. If it broke tomorrow I would buy another no questions asked. Regardless of price and who makes it I like it and it does what I want.... As for esat and his comments anything that is gaming related his puts down.. Yes companies like razer do make big money from gaming gear but so does most companies what ever they make... Its not just in the game world.

Soldato
As for esat and his comments anything that is gaming related his puts down..
If purpose is to have easily/intuitively accessible movement + extra keys for games with lowered changes for mixing them/accidental presses that Orbweaver does bad job in design and no better than normal keyboard, if even that.
I mean Shift, Control, Alt and Spacebar are pretty recognizable from their positioning and sizes.
While all that Orbweaver has is tightly crammed standard keys.
Without any of normal keyboard's possibilities.
(like using arrow keys like in old times)

This would be proper design for that.
https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/ideazon-zboard-fang

Associate
The orbweaver keys are larger than normal keyboard keys . I'm not saying I might have pressed the wrong key before but that would mostly be down to me not remembering my current key config. In my own opinion the orbweaver works for me just fine.. That's not to say its to everybody's liking

Soldato
Controllers are not difficult an expensive one won't make you good, I have a pad on my pc but only for fighting games and racing, the odd 3rd person that's it.

Keyboard and mouse will always be better, though I don't find it as comfy to use.

should have just got a standard xbox or ps4 pad

Soldato
OP
I see some comments saying an expensive one wont make you good? i never said i was bad, just i wanted to try and sort some accidental key presses and see if i could aim with one to open up more game options.

Fifa for instance, i cant play this on k&m but my accuracy on controller is no good.
NMS i found the placement of buttons to be of help but still couldnt get used to the stick.
BF!/BF2 most the time i was dead due to missed shots but i had decent access to other keys etc.

Trying a controller that was of a certain cost was just about seeing if the paddles on the underside would help for comfort etc, but on this model at least i found they were to far under and nearly uncomfortable to use.
Buying a standard xbox controller would have given me the same results, cant aim for anything. I tried one just learned i never will again, Orbweaver here today hoping for good things but again if not i will send it back. All im losing is a bit of delivery cost to try these out.

Soldato
OP
Yeah apologises i was gonna re visit this soon.

I have registered the warranty and wished i bought one before now.

I like the stick for short cuts to action like in bf 1 i use it for med pack, syringe etc i like the shape which i initially thought was gonna cause me pain but it didnt and is actually quite comfy once you sort its width etc.

I have a profile setup for BF 1 and in the 4 rounds i tested as a medic and was top 3 out of 4 times, went very well indeed.

I also now have a No Man`s Sky profile as well and again it makes using extra functions so natural.

All in all a quick summary but seems well made and sturdy thus far and i believe it to be a positive purchase :)

Back
Top Bottom