1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RDR2 Xbox or PS4?

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by ImMrChris, Nov 5, 2018.

1. ImMrChris

Man of Honour

seeing as I have to buy a console to play RDR2 which one should I get Xbox or PS4 I haven’t owned a console since the PS2

And with a 4K monitor do I need to get the One X or the Pro will it look crap if just outputting @ 1080p?

Why do they not release this game on the PC gggrrrrr

Thanks for any info

2. NightSt@lk3r

Soldato

If you want to play 4k the best it can then Xbox One X, if you are ok with 1080p then PS4 Slim.

3. ricky1981

Mobster

XB1X > PS4 Pro > PS4 > XB1

If you want 4K then go XB1X, it's an impressive bit of kit. If you're looking at the "base" consoles then PS4 is noticeably cleaner/sharper than the XB1.

4. chrcoluk

Wise Guy

xbox1x is the best version but I dont know about the rationality of buying a console just for one game. So I would say go with the one which you have invested into the eco system, but if you dont own either console then yeah xbox1x.

I have now tested the ps4 pro version at 1080, and it does seem a steady locked 30fps. Something digital foundry never tested as I think they assumed people only buy ps4 pro's to play at 4k.

5. mid_gen

Sgarrista

I had it on PS4 briefly before switching to Xbox One X.

The Xbox is much nicer visually, even at 1080p, and quieter.

6. ImMrChris

Man of Honour

Haha far from rational considering I just got a 2080 RTX too, I’ll play it then sell it on probably

7. McBain

Capodecina

The best version of the game is on X1X, so if that's your only concern the answer is the 1X.

8. NooBish AbbZ

Mobster

*Gets popcorn*

9. Shawreyboy

Hitman

No fanboy-ism here as every multiplat going has come to the same formulation...

Which is 1X > PS4 Pro > PS4 > Xbox One.

As the old song/cliche' goes, You pay your money and you take your choice.

Shawrey

10. mmj_uk

Capodecina

I have Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, I suppose it depends on whether you want native 4K although another big difference between the two I find is that the Xbox One X is a lot quieter. I would never sell the PS4 though because it has so many exclusives.

11. Johnz0r

Wise Guy

Surely you would have to get the PS4 pro? Even if the experience of RDR might not be up to the standard that is offered on the Xbox One X, the other exclusive games would sway me heavily in that direction.

12. chrcoluk

Wise Guy

Interestingly the xbox1x RDR2 bundle is the special edition, the ps4 pro bundle is the normal version so the xbox1 bundle also comes with the cut game content as well.