Ready Or Not - Tactical SWAT-esque FPS

Hmmmm, whilst I like a few things on the Friendly AI the rest of the update feels, to me at least, like a big step backwards. The enemy AI reacts more like a special forces soldier with almost laser beam accuracy who never ever quit, rather than street criminals and the number of suspects per mission is ridiculous for a "Police Game", instead its more like COD, with missions having 16+ SF training super soldiers with laser beam accuracy and armed with assault rifles and body armour vs 5 cops etc.

The original SWAT games had way more "Police" work being done, rather than just "click on evidence" and it had stuff like cornering suspects and using less lethal like gas and tazers to get them to surrender etc whilst this new update feels more like COD-lite. The gun play is fairly good, the mission lay-outs are well done and graphically it all looks fine, but it's just no longer the SWAT game it started out as for me.

Looking at the Steam discussion page it seems like many, many people feel the same way so I'm hoping that the Dev's listen but I'm not sure they will/can.

yeah the enemy bots have become super soldiers
took me a stupid amount of goes to do the ides level
ridiculous at times, the chance of you having time to peek, shout a challenge and still survive is milliseconds
sometimes your buddies just stand around at get massacred as well which gets annoying

Last edited:
Picked this up at the weekend and it's good, def reminds me of SWAT from the early 2000s, been some funny games online with randoms but the AI feels at times like it's got aimbot enabled.

Team mate AI is genuinely brilliant most of the time, suspect AI is a trainwreck though and needs major improvements, why is everyone on a death wish ? Why is some fat chump streamer with bunny rabbit ears some elite tier commando ?

It's like the devs forgot we're basically police. It's like we are fighting hardcore insurgents who are all super happy to die for the cause.

Last edited:
I really want them to do some smaller scale maps like SWAT3/4 had. Just individual residential houses etc Always found those the most enjoyable maps rather than the big sprawling ones with 10 perps.

I really want them to do some smaller scale maps like SWAT3/4 had. Just individual residential houses etc Always found those the most enjoyable maps rather than the big sprawling ones with 10 perps.
I agree, some of the maps are way too big to tackle with just 5 guys. They are making a realism based game, but the guy in charge is happy to send 5 guys against 10+ heavily armed Mexican aim-bots in sprawling tunnels. It is still a great game, and I'm sure will become better with more maps and content down the line.

I liked the small maps the best from SWAT 3 and 4. The petrol station mission (first one) is my fav so far, but I've not played through all of them.

I've skipped the early access, so playing this release+DLC build for the very first time and... wow! It's a great game. I think most of the issues above have been sorted now as my teammates hardly ever get killed, enemy AI is fair without aimbot accuracy or instant unreadable animations. Easy 9/10 so far, I'm about 5 levels in.

Back
Top Bottom