Ready Player One (2018)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Few of us saw this yesterday evening, enjoyed it :)

Spotted a few avatars that my mates didn’t including robocop, battletoads and the gears of war gun (the lancer). Nostalgia ftw.

Caporegime
I'm trying reallllllly hard to wait for this on Bluray, as I know I'll want to watch it 50 times to catch everything!!

This is a pretty nice clip to sustain me/us who haven't seen it, the full race;

Soldato
I'm another who has read the book, so I was looking forward to seeing this. I knew they'd make changes, but I tried to watch it ignoring that I'd read the book, and it was OK I guess. Nice to see the various characters from many old games and movies, and I thought Mark Rylance was great.
From a book perspective, lots mentioned here already that I won't go over again, but a massive disappointment for me was the characters meeting up as they did :(.
6/10

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'm trying reallllllly hard to wait for this on Bluray, as I know I'll want to watch it 50 times to catch everything!!

This is a pretty nice clip to sustain me/us who haven't seen it, the full race;

You owe it to yourself to see this in the cinema.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Nah, 55in OLED six feet from my face and no little ****s making noise in the cinema will do me fine!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Shame, because the sound track and soundstage are worth hearing in full cinema surround. Most of the people in my showing last Friday night were mid 30s.

Soldato
I go on a Monday morning at 10 at my local empire cinema....haven't seen more than 6 people in one screen when I've watched a film.
I went to see this film on a saturday afternoon and it was still quiet empty.

Associate
Both the film and book are great. I'm glad the film immediately diverged from the book, it let me relax into the film on its own terms.

Back
Top Bottom