Real madrid vs man utd (spoilers)

Soldato
OP
the R.madrid players werent real happy with the results, i think they wanted to simply put the match beyond man utd today. They also were upset with the 3 key decisions that went against them today.

Also for once in my life ive seen fergie come out and admit his team were simply outplayed. He said that man utd could have scored but they got off easy today. he also called raul the best player in the world but i thought zidane was easily the best player on the pitch today, he was untouchable.

utd can get through but i can see another master class from zidane when he comes to old trafford :eek:

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Afterlife
totally agree Hangtime.

Man U will have to play like gods to get through in the 2nd leg.

yep they can do it but i can see some of the man utd players bottling it, man utd will have to go all out attack but leave themselves open for the counter attack.

Permabanned
Originally posted by Jazz
the R.madrid players werent real happy with the results, i think they wanted to simply put the match beyond man utd today. They also were upset with the 3 key decisions that went against them today.

Also for once in my life ive seen fergie come out and admit his team were simply outplayed. He said that man utd could have ;) scored but they got off easy today. he also called raul the best player in the world but i thought zidane was easily the best player on the pitch today, he was untouchable.

utd can get through but i can see another master class from zidane when he comes to old trafford :eek:

Hmm it was a disappointing result but not at all unexpected.. if Real play like they are capable of, as they did tonight, there's probably no team in the world to match them.

We have a chance in the second leg, but a very slim one, especially with the players we're gonna have out. Scholes did his usual again :rolleyes:

Looks like it's the league or nothing this year then!

Soldato
im not confident of man utd going through to the next round. however, if they can get a scoreline of 2-0 at OT (which isnt beyond the realms of possibility), we can go through.

i just hope that real madrid dont play at their best at OT.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by sunama
im not confident of man utd going through to the next round. however, if they can get a scoreline of 2-0 at OT (which isnt beyond the realms of possibility), we can go through.

i just hope that real madrid dont play at their best at OT.

The only problem with that scenario is that you have to stop Madrid scoring, something I don't think Man Utd are capable of doing, especially if Madrid play like they did tonight. Should be a cracker of a match though.

Associate
you're all saying how awesome real were, fact is that this game could have just as easily wound up 3-3 if utd had taken their chances (eg beckham miss was a joke from someone on his salary :))

it could have also been 7-0 to real tho, why wasn't barthez sent off and why didn't the linesman who was *RIGHT THERE* give that penalty to them when brown brought down ronaldo?

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by tom_w
you're all saying how awesome real were, fact is that this game could have just as easily wound up 3-3 if utd had taken their chances (eg beckham miss was a joke from someone on his salary :))

it could have also been 7-0 to real tho, why wasn't barthez sent off and why didn't the linesman who was *RIGHT THERE* give that penalty to them when brown brought down ronaldo?

yeah we know man utd could have made it 3-3 but like u said it could have and probably should have been like 5-0 or even 6-0

i dunno why the decisions werent given but man utd are a very lucky team that they are still in the match coz from yesterdays performance 3-1 imo wasnt a fair scoreline :eek:

Man of Honour
yeah we know man utd could have made it 3-3 but like u said it could have and probably should have been like 5-0 or even 6-0

i dunno why the decisions werent given but man utd are a very lucky team that they are still in the match coz from yesterdays performance 3-1 imo wasnt a fair scoreline :eek:

Well, it did end up 3-1, Real were not given a definite penalty (don't see how you could get any more clear-cut tbh) and Barthez got away with what was either a bookable offence or a sending off offense. And you give Real a penno, they WILL score it.

Soldato
OP
also dont forget just before ruuds goal, ruud fouled zidane so it should have been a free kick to real

also wasnt keane the last man when he did that blatent kick right at the end of the match on guti?

Man of Honour
also dont forget just before ruuds goal, ruud fouled zidane so it should have been a free kick to real

also wasnt keane the last man when he did that blatent kick right at the end of the match on guti?

I'm not entirely sure that was a free kick. Certainly wasn't as clear-cut as people are making out. It looked it at first, but ZZ seemed to go down very easily when the ball got away from him (though thats the only time in the entire match it did!)

Keane WAS the last man, but there were others around him that could have got back, so I don't think it was a sending off. And lets face it, it wasn't a surprise that Keane took him out was it?

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Gilly
I'm not entirely sure that was a free kick. Certainly wasn't as clear-cut as people are making out. It looked it at first, but ZZ seemed to go down very easily when the ball got away from him (though thats the only time in the entire match it did!)

Zidane is a player who is not known for going down easy, whenever he does go to ground it usually meant he was brought down. Thats why i thought it was a foul, zidane doesnt usually cheat and doesnt need to with the skill he has

Keane WAS the last man, but there were others around him that could have got back, so I don't think it was a sending off. And lets face it, it wasn't a surprise that Keane took him out was it?

lol naah i wasnt suprised, but the rules do state that if ur the last man, even if someone could have covered u have to be sent off. i dont always agree with that rule but rules are rules

Soldato
Yeah they should have had a definate penalty & Barthez should have been sent off. Man U were oh so lucky with those decisions. Barthez, while his feet were JUST in the area, his hand was not & then he moved completely out. Was as blatent as I think I will ever see & not see punished.

Regarding Keane's challenge, not too sure as they didn't show a great angle. No need for a booking though imo.

Man of Honour
Zidane is a player who is not known for going down easy, whenever he does go to ground it usually meant he was brought down. Thats why i thought it was a foul, zidane doesnt usually cheat and doesnt need to with the skill he has

Don't put words into my mouth :p I said he went down easily, not that he cheated. There was contact made you could see it.

Maybe if Figo had gone back instead of standing talking to the ref while play was going on he could have broken the move down.

lol naah i wasnt suprised, but the rules do state that if ur the last man, even if someone could have covered u have to be sent off. i dont always agree with that rule but rules are rules

Thats not the rule at all!

Originally posted by Cemetery

Regarding Keane's challenge, not too sure as they didn't show a great angle. No need for a booking though imo.

Really? I thought a booking was fair!

Soldato
As i said I didn't get the best view so it could have been a booking but from what I remember it was mostly pointless as it wasn't that bad a tackle & with certain other people falling over (& I am not just talking about Ruud) there were oportunities for more worthy bookings :)

Soldato
OP
Don't put words into my mouth :p I said he went down easily, not that he cheated. There was contact made you could see it.

Maybe if Figo had gone back instead of standing talking to the ref while play was going on he could have broken the move down.
i thought it was a free kick straight away :dunno: but yeah figo should have gone back to help
Thats not the rule at all!
It isnt :eek:
Really? I thought a booking was fair!
looked fair to me, it looked like he just kicked him straight in the calf coz he knew it was a one on one situation

Back
Top Bottom