Really basic PHP array break

Soldato
Get it working?
Having checked the site it's miles better. Much much less page load and no page loader gif, which is way better.
My only opinion and take it as you will, is that the first object on the page shouldn't have an animation class set on it. It's fine on desktop but I find on mobile that sometimes the page doesn't load until you start scrolling.

Good work.

Soldato
OP
Get it working?
Having checked the site it's miles better. Much much less page load and no page loader gif, which is way better.
My only opinion and take it as you will, is that the first object on the page shouldn't have an animation class set on it. It's fine on desktop but I find on mobile that sometimes the page doesn't load until you start scrolling.

Good work.

Yeah fair point on the first object.

And yeah all fine, most of the work was just sorting out legacy issues. Work page which is one of the biggest (certainly of the top level and most visited) is now 2.1MB, so thanks for that.

At some point I need to move it all over to a proper CMS, but this 'mid' point so to speak would be a prerequisite of that anyway - getting all the projects organised and in a db, sorting out the thumbs properly (folder structure was a legacy mess) - and it's all done in a few days. I also have less experience building with a CMS' from the ground up, apart from blog pages, so there'll be a bit more of a learning curve/time needed before anything changes.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
You can drop that 2.1MB a little further. There is a large png of some lady, Adele I think it was, which is quite large and doesn't appear to be displayed as far as I can tell. You might be able to optimise that if it's supposed to be there or remove the reference to it on that page :)

Soldato
OP
You can drop that 2.1MB a little further. There is a large png of some lady, Adele I think it was, which is quite large and doesn't appear to be displayed as far as I can tell. You might be able to optimise that if it's supposed to be there or remove the reference to it on that page :)

Haha, amazing. It is shown but I've optimised the image and got the page down to 1.4mb.

Back
Top Bottom