Really not happy with OCUK

Caporegime
As annoyed as you are, going elsewhere won't change anything as you'll get the same treatment.

I once had a 7970 break, to buy another one while it was RMA'ed as I wanted it refunding, for that to break on day 2 to have to buy a third.

Soldato
We all spend thousands with OCUK on here. I certainly don’t expect special treatment from them if I send something back.

Your personal situation makes no difference, they have a procedure to ensure everything is fair for all.

Would you be super aggravated if my RMA got replaced and yours didn’t because I spent more than you? I would be.

I applaud whomever you spoke to for not sugaring the pill. People are far too sensitive these days when they don’t get their own way.

Soldato
We all spend thousands with OCUK on here. I certainly don’t expect special treatment from them if I send something back.

Your personal situation makes no difference, they have a procedure to ensure everything is fair for all.

Would you be super aggravated if my RMA got replaced and yours didn’t because I spent more than you? I would be.

I applaud whomever you spoke to for not sugaring the pill. People are far too sensitive these days when they don’t get their own way.

I hear you. And agree rules should be the same for all. However, I feel this is more a case of the OP's situation not being treated as well as it could have, initially, given he's only had the board a couple of months, and was told it might be 28 days (28 working days at that) without a repair/replacement. At which point the money you've spent already does come to mind, not necessarily because you feel entitled but because you feel a bit more shafted than otherwise, even if that is legally okay. Not everything that's legal is fair, and that cuts both ways. Sometimes it hurts the customer, sometimes the retailer.

Fair play to Bailey for understanding the customer's situation.

Associate
Things like this make me go else where for hardware at times. Other places that will go unnamed due to the rules here will have swapped it like for like and even say sorry for the hardware been at fault. Vote with your wallet.

Associate
Pressuring the oc uk staff with big words like how much i have spent sparks conflict
Do not forget you are forcing him to do something that he might not be able to do, not be allowed to do or dose not feel like doing it
You support a bisness by using theyr services
But yes excellent service will bring repeat bisness
A long time ago they have picked up a faulty item on their expense
That was 1 out of the 3 that have ever broke

Associate
I'd expect better service from somewhere like John Lewis (shame they don't sell motherboards!) but for computer hardware, retailers are much smaller and shift low-margin goods in as much quantity as fast as they can. It's just not realistic to think they can accommodate that sort of request - it's nothing personal, they'd be out of business in a couple of months if they tried. It's frustrating but it's the same for all of us. Damn bad luck on the timing though :(

Associate
Hello Tezza1982,

What RMA number did OCUK give you and what was the fault you found with the board? Let me know ASAP and I will see if it has been sent back to us and if we can resolve the problem ASAP.

Soldato
All sorted, I replaced it for the OP with a brand new board yesterday :)

Should be with him in time for Xmas

All the best

Bailey

Just out of curiosity, why does it take a slightly ranty forum post for someone to deal with this in way the OP wanted? I'm not doubting OcUKs ability to keep their customers happy and having dealt with you myself a few times, I'm not sure I would want anyone else dealing with any future issues, but I find it hard to grasp why your phone agents are so unwilling to assist - given the fact you've turned this around in about a day!

Associate
Just out of curiosity, why does it take a slightly ranty forum post for someone to deal with this in way the OP wanted? I'm not doubting OcUKs ability to keep their customers happy and having dealt with you myself a few times, I'm not sure I would want anyone else dealing with any future issues, but I find it hard to grasp why your phone agents are so unwilling to assist - given the fact you've turned this around in about a day!
My guess would be that the phone agents are sitting in their phone booths and not have much authority in this context whereas someone working as the Overclockers Returns Managers would be able to pull their weight and get this sorted quick. Just a guess, most likely wrong :D

Soldato
My guess would be that the phone agents are sitting in their phone booths and not have much authority in this context whereas someone working as the Overclockers Returns Managers would be able to pull their weight and get this sorted quick. Just a guess, most likely wrong :D

I'm siding with wrong as well ;)

The phone agents don't need authority, they should have a procedure for pushing these through a chain of command based on the customers requirements. If you go into a shop with a broken product, you don't expect them to say "That's fine, come back in 2 days", you'd expect a replacement there and then.

OcUK Staff
It all depends on the age of the product guys, if it is DOA (within 30 days of purchase) then providing its tested and found to be faulty it would be replaced there and then.

If it is over 30 days old (Non DOA) normally we send items back to the manufacturer for a repair / replacement in compliance to the consumer rights act.

In this instance the guys on the phone were following normal procedure as the item was non doa so there was nobody actually at fault.

All I did after speaking to the customer was to reach out to the GBT RMA manager (as i personally know him anyway) and ask what the outcome of this return would be. I gave him the boards S/N and details, he then confirmed the outcome that it would be replaced and with that in mind I replaced the board of our stock for the customer first thing Monday morning. It would be with him today.

Bailey

Back
Top Bottom