Rear fan placement

Soldato
I have a Noctua NH-D14 that sits fairly close to the back of the PC case, about 50mm.
There's a 140mm case fan in the back reducing the gap to 25mm.
I also have a spare 140mm Noctua fan that could either be clipped to the back of the CPU cooler, not fitted at all or fitted to the back of the case. is there a preferred option?

Or option 3 fit the Noctua fan to the CPU cooler and fit the rear case fan to the outside of the rear grill.

Ta Muchly

Soldato
I'd go with the spare 140mm Noctua on the rear (inside) of the case, as long as it's quieter and/or pushes more air than the current rear fan. Don't think a fan fitted to the back is as effective. Like it further in where the action is, and its intake less obstructed.

I hate metal grills at the rear exhaust on cases. Noisier and more "splashback" of air. I cut it out of my case and replaced it with a ring-type guard. Only a few cases like Corsair 540 Air come with ring guard there instead of grill.

Soldato
OP
Ha, now you've just given me food for thought. Perhaps fit the Noctua fan to the NH-D14 to get push/pull/push/pull and cut the back grill out of the H500P mesh, and fit the case fan on the outside with a ring type guard on the back of that.

Back
Top Bottom