Rebox case

Associate
As I've just finished my rebox project I thought I'd post up some pictures in here :)

Project log is here

My log on Bit-tech that has a bit more info is here

P1020046-1-1.jpg

P1020051-1.jpg

P1020004-1.jpg

P1020005-1.jpg

P1020038-1.jpg

Hardware installed .

P1020008-1.jpg

P1020016-1.jpg

P1020021-1.jpg

P1020099-1.jpg

I've tried out some other colours .... I've only made a couple of each . I like the other colours although I think the white one shows the join between the cover and the front panel a little too much .

P1020078-2.jpg

P1020093-1.jpg

:)

Last edited:
That is bloody brilliant for anyone who wants everything onboard! Awesome design.

Philly, get some of these bad boys knocked out.

circular hole to the right of the i/o panel in the second pic ;)

If the mobo's got on board power the power connection would be on the I/O back plate . If you use a separate pico psu then yep the hole is for the power connector :)

[ZiiP]carrot;21251151 said:
Aaaaaaaaaaa. So guessing its an external power brick and some sort of 20pin motherboard and 4 pin (also for motherboard) plus sata power connectors adaptors?!?!

If you use a board with on board power then it comes with a connector to provide power to the hdds etc . If you use a separate pico psu then the sata power comes from that . Both options use a laptop brick to supply the dc volts :)

@bugeyewrx can I ask where you purchased the case on/off switch from please? I would love one of these buttons in my arcade machine.

Thanks!

I bought them direct from the manufacturer but unless you want twenty of them they won't be much help :) The switch I've used is very similar to ones from Lamptron and Bulgin .... just google 'anti vandal switch'

Lol :D.

OP's design, im just modding the design for me. If anyone wants a laser cut custom one, go to the OP! If the OP wants to 'license' me to make some, then fair enough! I live in fear of people ripping off my designs of my products, so I would never (knowingly) do it to someone else!

Thanks Phillydee very nice of you to post that up :)

Sent you an email in trust from the mm ;)

These look amazing! Job well done!

If I were you I would try and get this design registered in some way or another. I reckon a manufacturer or 2 might try to copy it!

I must admit I don't know much about registering designs etc but from what I understand it's a bit of a minefield and enforcing it is just about impossible .

When it comes down to it this whole thing is really just a bit of fun :)

looking forward to the raspberry pi rebox ;)

Impressive KiiYzOo exactly 14 mins after I started the thread on Bit-tech :D

Man, be awesome if you could build a system around that size with a graphics card (Laptop cards made for PCIe would do nicely) & a powerbrick would look awesome. Perfect for taking places. That what sucks about mini-dtx dieing, they took powerbricks by default. I have been nuts about really small systems lately.

Already did :) linky

Yeahhh I know. It was really a quick thing at 1am xD

I don't know what the screws are so I could spray them but I don't know if it will work >_>

The screws are stainless steel ;) You could paint them with with pretty much any spray paint . Just be careful not to fill the allen socket . When you refit them the paint might chip out of the socket but you can touch them up by spraying the paint into a small cup and then using a small brush :)

Just to say - great! I got one of these, and am impressed. Well made little case. I intend to laser cut a new front panel in silver, lets see how it turns out! No idea if everything fits of course . . . . :D

I can't wait to see too :) I'm working with some mirrored acrylic for a job and I did wonder what a completely mirrored case would look like ;)

Back
Top Bottom