Received a wrong text?

Man of Honour
I had phone calls and text messages awhile back from a special needs type school who somehow had my number for a vulnerable pupil or person under their care or something - even when I told them they had the wrong number they were still going on about how important it was they got in contact with this person as if there was something I could do (not disbelieving me that they had the wrong person) then saying they'd correct the number. Then a couple of days later would start again, as if they had the right number this time, getting increasingly concerned about not being able to get in contact with this person. Eventually contacted the head of the school directly who confirmed it was genuine and absolutely livid to say the least that the first he was hearing about the situation was from me.

Had someone texting the number for one of my 4G data sims with silly little messages - I'm assuming it was a kid - thinking they were messaging a friend of theirs - and getting annoyed with them for not responding but didn't seem to get the message they had the wrong number (I never replied).

Soldato
Years ago wife had a text from someone -not sure if it was a bloke or a bird but they were talking about last nights date and how how good the sex was - I was tempted to text back it was crap and your dongle was smallest I had seen - if only I knew it was a bloke who texted.
Certainly missed an opportunity there.

Caporegime
Wasn't a text, it was a Whatsapp message.

A female friend of mine (at the time) had bought some lingerie & was modeling it. She meant to message her best-mate and ask her if it looked ok but accidently sent them to me.

I replied with 'Not meant for me I guess, but I approve'

That was just over 7 years ago, we've been married for 3 years now..
And his name? Albert Einstein.

Caporegime
Years ago wife had a text from someone -not sure if it was a bloke or a bird but they were talking about last nights date and how how good the sex was - I was tempted to text back it was crap and your dongle was smallest I had seen - if only I knew it was a bloke who texted.
Certainly missed an opportunity there.

Apparently your wife didn't miss an opportunity.

Soldato
Don't think I've ever had a wrong text I've had wrong numbers of course

I occasionally get a text from a Pizza shop in an area I have never been to, to let me know my order is ready for collection.

I've had them turn up at the door saying heres your pizza, what pizza I didn't order one happened more than once I wonder if I should have just said thanks and taken it...

Man of Honour
This one isn't a text. But I once had my neighbours very, very drunk mistress and her mate turn up at midnight, banging on my front door. She had got the wrong house and was demanding to be let in so she could tell everything to his family. That was an awkward moment as my wife obviously thought the obvious.

After I told her he didn't live there and to go away, she realised her mistake and trundled off down the road. A few mins later we could hear all hell breaking loose. I think the whole street heard it. I did feel really bad for his young kids who had to experience their parents marriage falling my apart that night.

Soldato
Don't think I've ever had a wrong text I've had wrong numbers of course

I've had them turn up at the door saying heres your pizza, what pizza I didn't order one happened more than once I wonder if I should have just said thanks and taken it...
lol, my wife ordered Thai food not so long ago. It arrived whilst she was having a shower. I accepted, cracked it open, then looked at it baffled at the very unusual choices. About 20 mins later my WhatsApp goes and its our street group "has someone taken our Thai food in?" :eek:. About 30 mins later the bell goes again and it is the food we actually ordered. Super awks. But double Thai for us.

Soldato
I got a strange one to my workphone over the weekend. I assume this was a scottish lass - should have replied asking for pics :D

Hola,are you still free for a walk. If I pick you up say at 130pm? Nae Pressure. Lise (load of emojis)

I summise that someone made up a number on the previous night out :cry:

On my very first Android phone, Samsung Galaxy Apollo / Galaxy 3 (not the S3), some of my texts were going to the wrong recipients. E.g. a text that was meant for a friend went to my sister etc. Thankfully nothing embarrassing was sent! I posted a thread in the mobile phones section and someone confirmed that it was an Android bug. An OS update fixed that issue.

Soldato
I had a text saying my Porsche was ready for collection got all exited thinking the wife had treated me until I got another 5 mins later apologising for the text sent to the wrong number…..

Man of Honour
I had a text saying my Porsche was ready for collection got all exited thinking the wife had treated me until I got another 5 mins later apologising for the text sent to the wrong number…..
Still worth turning up at the garage and trying to collect it. No venture, no gain. The worst they can say is nope and the best that can happen is you get a free Porsche :D

Soldato
Yeah your wife said she gave your number instead of mine

Reyyyyyy /s

Back
Top Bottom