Recent Ebay changes, Will you stop using it?

Soldato
So Ebay have made changes so that sellers can no longer have funds sent to Paypal and be paid instantly, Now it will go directly into your bank BUT depending on your bank could take up to 2-3 maybe even longer to process.

Just seems to me like a really crappy move, It will delay people posting out items because obviously they wont post it out until funds have cleared.

Then what about buyer protection?. With Paying with Paypal at least you have pretty solid cover in the case of item comes damaged and seller isn't responding, Or even worse seller just didn't post anything to you. So we as buyers also loose this protection now and our only form of cover would be the bank itself?. Good luck with proving that lol

My question is, Will you continue to use Ebay to SELL?

Still using it. But even more so only on the 1 pound days.

I'm actually surprised they have that offer.
I'd need to use them. But saves me so much

One of the big differences with managed payments is that if the buyer requests a refund or return, the money can be directly debited from your linked bank account not PayPal.

Thus this could cause issues with managing personal bank balances.

With PayPal as an interface, your PayPal account may go into a negative balance but there isn't an automatic mechanism for this to then be deducted from your personal bank / linked account if they are unlinked.

The clearance time for managed payments from the buyer to eBay to you is still a couple of working days. You do need to post once payment to eBay has been made however.

The suggestion is that you extend the dispatch window to 3+ days allowing for money to clear your account.

What's not wholly clear and tested yet en mass is who is liable in the event of alleged fraudulently funded transactions once you have posted.

Even when payments from PayPal to your linked account weren't instant and took a couple of days (been a while since that era), you could still access the funds for further PayPal purchases at least.

One of the big differences with managed payments is that if the buyer requests a refund or return, the money can be directly debited from your linked bank account not PayPal.

Thus this could cause issues with managing personal bank balances.

With PayPal as an interface, your PayPal account may go into a negative balance but there isn't an automatic mechanism for this to then be deducted from your personal bank / linked account if they are unlinked.

The clearance time for managed payments from the buyer to eBay to you is still a couple of working days. You do need to post once payment to eBay has been made however.

The suggestion is that you extend the dispatch window to 3+ days allowing for money to clear your account.

What's not wholly clear and tested yet en mass is who is liable in the event of alleged fraudulently funded transactions once you have posted.

Even when payments from PayPal to your linked account weren't instant and took a couple of days (been a while since that era), you could still access the funds for further PayPal purchases at least.

I have a 0 balance 0 overdraft starling bank account for this reason. As soon as I transfer paypal funds into it, I put it into my main bank account. They physically can't direct debit anything from that account and as soon as anything fishy happens on ebay I'll cancel the DD

However, the changes seem crap. I don't want automatic fee deduction etc to be honest!

Back
Top Bottom