Recomend me a Play/Musical

Permabanned
I was trying to get tickets for Girlfriends birthday to take her to see Dirty Dancing in London, but all tickets for any useful dates are sold out.

So what I need is something else to take her to see. Neither of us are big theatre go'ers so dont want anything heavy and thought provoking. Just after some fun light hearted but good entertainment.

Anyone can recomend anything?

Also are there any theatres I should avoid?

Phantom of the Opera is very good, impressive visually and musically. Les Miserable is also very good, but may be a bit of overkill for you. Chicago and the Lion King have also recieved good reviews.

I would have recommended Starlight Express or Cats but sadly they closed a couple of years back :(

Evita is also showing in the west end, but I've not heard how good the current production is.

Have a look here for a better list :)

http://www.londonwestendtheatretickets.com/

Guys'n'Dolls meant to be any good? Tee Hee would rather see Spamalot though :) dont think she would go for it.

Also are some theatre's better than others? Guys'n'Dolls is at the Pickadilly!

Mary Poppins is also very good, so I'm told (and not particularly aimed at children) - Billy Elliott was good too.

Actually, I would recommend Les Miserables just about anything else - but I suppose it's bordering on thoughtful.

The_KiD said:
I was trying to get tickets for Girlfriends birthday to take her to see Dirty Dancing in London, but all tickets for any useful dates are sold out.

So what I need is something else to take her to see. Neither of us are big theatre go'ers so dont want anything heavy and thought provoking. Just after some fun light hearted but good entertainment.

Anyone can recomend anything?

Also are there any theatres I should avoid?

Donkey's Years - best/funniest show I've seen at the theatre....ever !

Dolph said:
Phantom of the Opera is very good, impressive visually and musically. Les Miserable is also very good, but may be a bit of overkill for you. Chicago and the Lion King have also recieved good reviews.

I would have recommended Starlight Express or Cats but sadly they closed a couple of years back :(

Evita is also showing in the west end, but I've not heard how good the current production is.

Have a look here for a better list :)

http://www.londonwestendtheatretickets.com/

The Man speaks sense
icon14.gif

The Phantom is fantastic, as is Les Mis. For first timers definitely try the Phantom you will not be dissapointed.

I really enjoyed Miss Siagon, took the misses to London for the Weekend nice 4* Hotel and Theatre Royal to see Miss Siagon, not really into musicals but it was excellent.

Since enjoyed Phantom of The Opera, wasn't to impressed with Chicago.

Back
Top Bottom