Recommend a budget range knife set

Soldato
Recommend a budget range knife set.

also has used the wusthof ikon, Stellar Damask or does anyone have a better option?

Soldato
Soldato
Both Sainsburys and Tesco do some good quality decently priced knives. I redid my kitchen last year and got

1 x Paring
2 x Utility
1 x Small Santoku
1 x Chef
1 x Large Santoku
1 x Bread Knife

all for less than £100.

I would definitely recommend having a look if you are in either in the not too distant future.

Caporegime
Does anyone have opinion on the IKEA 365+ range of knives?
I can't find too much negativity about them intact a few saying they sharpen up well as good as a knife 3 or 4 times their price.

Associate
Does anyone have opinion on the IKEA 365+ range of knives?
I can't find too much negativity about them intact a few saying they sharpen up well as good as a knife 3 or 4 times their price.

I bought the all the knives in the IKEA 365+ range two weeks ago. I haven't used all of them yet so I can't really comment on them as a set but the bread and chef's knives are superb. The bread knife in particular surprised me in that I barely have to move it and it slices bread as if there's nothing there :D

Can't fault them for £120 for the set.

Associate
I use 2 knives mainly.

A small paring knife from Ikea and a nice Damascus veg knife.

I don't think you need a really pricey set, I'd rather have a couple of a few nice knives and not have the rest you don't use.

Soldato
I use just three knives. Victorinox paring knife, chefs knife and an Anolon bread knife. Could probably even ditch the bread knife.

Get a universal knife block and you're sorted.

Back
Top Bottom